Sign in with
Your question

Partition resize software

Last response: in Applications
May 22, 2009 8:17:14 PM

Hello,

I would like to increase a size of one partition where the OS is installed. The unallocated space is preceeding this partition. What is the best way to do that? I think some DOS based application would be suitable for this purpose. When I tried Easeus Partition Master, it shows this partition to be unformatted
May 23, 2009 11:24:53 AM

I use Partition Magic
May 23, 2009 4:44:06 PM

Hmm, this soft can be good, but isn´t for free and the trial version is worthless.
Related resources
May 24, 2009 2:31:35 PM

I use the Gparted Live cd
It is a bootable Linux cd that works well with Msoft partitions.
Its free.
May 26, 2009 7:39:32 PM

Thanks a lot, probably the best free partition manager.
June 9, 2009 6:36:40 PM

Going to check out that Gparted
Thanks Pat
June 11, 2009 1:38:42 PM

hey dude stay away from gparted if the partition is a windows partition because you will end up getting NTLDR error on boot after resizing with it. this is the syory when seaching around for issues with gparted and im having the same kind of issues when trying to use it to format a fresh install of windows 2000
June 11, 2009 1:46:10 PM

I used it to go from a single XP partition to a triple XP / Vista /data setup that Im using right now with no problems.
What problems are you having maybe I can help you get around them.
January 21, 2010 5:36:03 PM

captaincharisma said:
hey dude stay away from gparted if the partition is a windows partition because you will end up getting NTLDR error on boot after resizing with it. this is the syory when seaching around for issues with gparted and im having the same kind of issues when trying to use it to format a fresh install of windows 2000

If you look at the gparted website, they link to an older version that is known stable and does not contain this issue.
July 27, 2012 6:20:05 AM

benett said:
Hello,

I would like to increase a size of one partition where the OS is installed. The unallocated space is preceeding this partition. What is the best way to do that? I think some DOS based application would be suitable for this purpose. When I tried Easeus Partition Master, it shows this partition to be unformatted

for resizing the system partition, i strongly recommend you to use the server partition manager, http://www.disk-partition.com/res/free-server-partition..., it's totally free and very useful, good luck ! :lol: 
!