DS3 temperatures/voltages

machdoc

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2007
Any thoughts on a Vcore voltage discrepancy in Speedfan? 1.31V and 1.9V?

And what about Tjunction of 85 C in CORETEMP?(Core#0 and Core #1 temps are 33C and 36C idle)

This is idle with stock cooling and FSB only at 266.

When I overclocked at 333, I saw this 1.9 voltage number and got worried---shoud I still be worried?

Thanks for any thoughts

orangegator

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2007
The 1.9v is probably your VDIMM. Speedfan tends to not label sensors correctly. You just gotta look at the values and see what makes sense. The 85C Tjunction in Cortemp is just a constant reference number. It's not an actual reading. As for temperatures, you should be more concerned at what you get under full load. Use Intel TAT and Orthos to measure temperature under load and test for stability. You should try to keep the temps under 60C.

theonejrs

Distinguished
May 21, 2006
I have a GigaByte GA-965P-DS3 v1.33 MB with an Intel E4300 and 2GB of G.Skill cas4 DDR2/6400 memory that I recently built, and it's a honey! Flat out the best MB I ever owned. Very fast too! I've had it clocked as high as 3.393GHz but it wouldn't run OCCT 12 hours without crashing the program. It seems to run best at 3.275!

Sandra 2007 Pro shows over 30,000+ MIPS, a nice fat memory bandwidth of 6300+ and a Multi Media score of 180,000+. I've noticed a number of people on the threads here using Easy Tune to OC. My question is why? Easy Tune won't get you anywheres near a maximum OC. Mine is overclocked 82% and you can't do that with software. At 82% it's not even stressed. My ambient temp right now is 28C. My CPU is at 30C and the MB is at 38 with my Freezer 7 Pro clipping along at 1100 rpm, thanks to the excellent PWM settings on the MB. Before you ask, I have both C1E and Smart Fan control turned on and it benches exactly the same as if it was turned off, only a lot quieter!

I didn't mod the Northbridge heatsink because it was stuck so tight that I was afraid of breaking something but with the heat, it's finally come lose so I have to pull the MB and do it. I know this will lower the heat because cleaning the heatsink and chip, then putting it back together with Arctic Silver dropped my MB temp on my Asus P5P800 SE/D-940 13C, so I would expect the same with this MB.

I would be interested in hearing from others with similar setups. Maybe I can help you and maybe you can help me! If this is in the wrong thread, I apologize as I'm fairly new here. Just steer me in the right direction! I'm not even sure how to post benches here. Is it the same for all Forums? I will be happy to back up my claims as the images are all set up in image Shack, so say the word and I'll be more than happy to post them!

This is my second E4300 build within a month. The other was a build for a lady friend in Chicago on an Asus P5P-E SLI MB, but that's a whole nuther story!

Sincerely,
theonejrs