zorglub76

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2008
Hi all

I have an annoying problem with my language bar. Sometimes (quite frequently) my keyboard language changes. At first, I thought it was due to jEdit (which I use a lot). When I would change from jEdit to some other application (using alt+tab), keyboard would change. That was on Windows XP. Now I've changed the computer (working on Vista now) and don't have jEdit, but the problem remained. A few days ago my colleague told me that he's experiencing the same problem.
Obviously, it has something to do with "alt+tab". I rarely mistype that, so there's almost no chance to mistakenly type alt+shift, which I use to change keyboard language.

Any ideas?

zorglub76

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2008
Maybe I've got it! Time will tell, but while checking the keyboard settings (right-click language bar > Settings > Advanced Key Settings > Change key sequence) I found that there are actually two settings: "Switch input language" (which I use = 'alt+tab') and "Switch keyboard layout", which is by default 'ctrl+shift'.
I frequently use 'ctrl+shift+esc' for reaching Task Manager, and maybe that was causing problems..