HELLOO... Anyone here? Can i get some help Vista Partition issue

Hey everyone. I have a little problem. I have a 74gb Hard drive with Vista Home Premium 32bit installed on it. I have 58gb's free on the drive. I want to make a 15gb Partition to install Ubuntu on it and have a Dual Boot. I want to try out Ubuntu by having it really installed. Windows is only letting me make a 5gb partition. It won't let me make a larger one. I dont know why it only lets me make a 5gb partition because I have more than 50GB's of free space on the Drive. If anyone can tell me why this is happening or tell me about a good FREE Partitioning tool that would be great. Also i might be able to use the Ubuntu installer to make a partition but i won't be installing ubuntu until the end of october when 8.10 comes out.
2 answers Last reply
More about helloo here vista partition issue
  1. When the time comes just use Ubuntu

But if you just have to do it now you can Google Acronis, they have a 15day fully functional trial of True Image 11, and if it can be done on a PC, True Image 11 can do it, right down to cloning Vista to a new HDD.
  2. yup, just use the ubuntu installer, it is reasonably straight forward and simple to use to create a partition. i would however suggest defragging before doing so, so everything is in one spot
Ask a new question

Read More

Configuration Partition Windows Vista Ubuntu