Sign in with
Your question

No sound at all

Last response: in Windows XP
August 7, 2008 10:51:58 AM

I dual booted xp32 bit onto my vista 64bit rig and I have no sound at all. By that I mean it's not even showing up in device managers, when I installed vista it was basically just auto detected and I installed the drivers but with xp it's not showing any signs of sound even being plugged in, any ideas?

More about : sound

August 7, 2008 7:06:46 PM

Install drivers... Vista had drivers built in... XP probably doesn't.
August 31, 2008 7:56:35 PM

I installed the drivers the same way I did with vista, used the cd that came with mobo. Xp has drivers installed but It's got no sound device at all, everything is greyed out. I even downloaded some newer drivers and still no luck.
Related resources
August 31, 2008 11:54:57 PM

What type of sound card or codec?
September 2, 2008 7:00:16 PM

I have onboard sound, not sure how I can check codec though. I'm using a ga ep35-ds3r here's a link to it and the drivers http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/Support/Motherboard/Driver_M...
Those are the latest (1.97) and the cd has some old 1.86. No luck with either of them on xp 32bit sp3 but they both work with vista 64bit.
September 3, 2008 2:54:32 PM

SP3 does not recognize the onboard audio device. I had the exact same problem with that board. No matter what I tried nothing worked. I just settled for going back to SP2 and it worked fine.
September 4, 2008 5:34:26 AM

Sloop said:
SP3 does not recognize the onboard audio device. I had the exact same problem with that board. No matter what I tried nothing worked. I just settled for going back to SP2 and it worked fine.

Ahhh ok, is it possible to downgrade to sp2 without having to reinstall xp?
!