Best brand on these mid-low end chips?

My wallet just allows about $110-$120, so i was thinking in buying a Nvidia GeForce 7600GT, or an ATI Radeon X1650 PRO/XT series with 256 mb (as recommended by someone around here...). But i don't know which brand will be a good option; as far as I knows, eVGA, Asus and XFX are better, except for the 7600GT in eVGA which received lots of complains and the Silent series of Asus that just have a heatsink instead of fan (question: usually VGA have fans or i simply don't know about this?). Besides that, i would like to know if those both chipsets are compatible with my current M2N-E SLI Asus motherboard, in an AMD system.

Help would be greatly appreciated 8)

BTW, Yeah, i know it's a poor system, but i don't like first-person shooters anyways :P
2 answers Last reply
More about best brand chips
  1. While different companies offer different warranties, bundles, and cooling solutions, they're all pretty much the same. Just go for what's cheaper.
  2. Hi i have a x1650xt and after scouring benchmarks/reviews and forums,this one included i opted for a His iceQ turbo from overclockers and have been very happy with it.
    As for the 7600gt i was leaning towards the XfX one and that was based on reviews from customers on shopping sites.

Thats my take on it but i would advise you to look at customer reviews on different sites and try to come to a decision yourself based on them and the opinions you get here.
    Good luck
    Mactronix
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Asus Graphics