Server Test

Yet another attempt (crossing fingers) at throwing up a
Q2 server and it's being publicly advertised via GameSpy
etc.

Running OSP Tourney....IP = 68.0.38.121 (server side
mod) Voting and stuff turned on too.

Let me know:

1. If you can successfully connect, if not what happens (symptoms)
2. How the performance (lag) is....that is if you can complete item #1
3. What's your ping...again assuming you've connected (server located
in Eastern Va. USA)
4. Anything else I should know to improve the experience
5. Your critical constructive feedback...

Had it working successfully behind the router. Threw
it in the DMZ now for you guys to test. Thanks and
looking forward to your feedback.

-Auto-
4 answers Last reply
More about server test

    Hi - Auto-,
    You show up in GameSpy as "Virginia's Lithium Cafe", with a nice 79 ping
    here in Philly.

    G.
    "-Auto-" <auto@nospam.com> wrote in message
    > Yet another attempt (crossing fingers) at throwing up a
    > Q2 server and it's being publicly advertised via GameSpy
    > etc.
    >
    > Running OSP Tourney....IP = 68.0.38.121 (server side
    > mod) Voting and stuff turned on too.
    >
    > Let me know:
    >
    > 1. If you can successfully connect, if not what happens (symptoms)
    > 2. How the performance (lag) is....that is if you can complete item #1
    > 3. What's your ping...again assuming you've connected (server located
    > in Eastern Va. USA)
    > 4. Anything else I should know to improve the experience
    > 5. Your critical constructive feedback...
    >
    > Had it working successfully behind the router. Threw
    > it in the DMZ now for you guys to test. Thanks and
    > looking forward to your feedback.
    >
    > -Auto-

    Connected from Toronto area with a ping of 90

    "George M. Reagan" <georgeunderscorereagan@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Hi - Auto-,
    > You show up in GameSpy as "Virginia's Lithium Cafe", with a nice 79
    ping
    > here in Philly.
    >
    > G.

    Thanks G. for the feedback. The hostname (server) in GameSpy will change
    depending on which
    config is running - something I need to fix....lol

    I played last night with 3 fraggers that dropped by. We played Rail only
    and a bit
    of lithium II. Couldn't get my damn "red rope" to work, so I caught a few
    frags to say
    the least... But they were polite and made the game fun.

    Well the server is up and running if you guys want to play....when I get
    some time I'm going to
    play with the map rotations and the configs, just to tweak them. Let me
    know if you'd like
    to see something different. Running OSP Tourney, thought that would provide
    for different options
    (DM, Rail only, 1/v/1, lithium, etc).

    -Auto-

    Cool,
    btw it's call a hook or grapple. Maybe I'll se you there.

    > "George M. Reagan" <georgeunderscorereagan@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > > Hi - Auto-,
    > > You show up in GameSpy as "Virginia's Lithium Cafe", with a nice 79
    > ping
    > > here in Philly.
    > >
    > > G.
    >
    > Thanks G. for the feedback. The hostname (server) in GameSpy will change
    > depending on which
    > config is running - something I need to fix....lol
    >
    > I played last night with 3 fraggers that dropped by. We played Rail only
    > and a bit
    > of lithium II. Couldn't get my damn "red rope" to work, so I caught a few
    > frags to say
    > the least... But they were polite and made the game fun.
    >
    > Well the server is up and running if you guys want to play....when I get
    > some time I'm going to
    > play with the map rotations and the configs, just to tweak them. Let me
    > know if you'd like
    > to see something different. Running OSP Tourney, thought that would
    provide
    > for different options
    > (DM, Rail only, 1/v/1, lithium, etc).
    >
    > -Auto-