Windows 7X64 Pro can't see Ubuntu 11.04

I have samba running on Ubuntu 11.04 Laptop box. I can see and access all the Win7 x64 Professional desktop shared folders from the Ubuntu box. When try to browse the network from the Windows 7 Professional X64 Desktop file browser, the Ubuntu Laptop doesn't even show up. Both are in the same workgroup. Both have shared folders and drives.

I can ping the Ubuntu box from the command line from Win7. I typed \\192.168.1.45 (the laptop's router address) from the RUN command. It said the laptop wouldn't allow connection. Samba shares are set for "visible" & "writeable." The username is set for my access; yet no joy.

I ran the Win7 trouble shooter, and it said that my $Print share folder wouldn't accept connection. I deleted that share; yet still no joy.

How do I correct the situation?

Baldheadedbecauseofpullinghairout
2 answers Last reply
More about windows 7x64 ubuntu
  1. Have you checked that the firewall on the Ubuntu machine is configured to allow incoming SMB connections?
  2. Just did. Couldn't find it; so I installed UFW and GUFW. GUFW shows the "ENABLED" radio checkbox unchecked. So it isn't enabled? Right?
Ask a new question

Read More

Laptops Ubuntu