Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Cant install fedora 15 64-bit

Tags:
Last response: in Linux/Free BSD
Share
July 21, 2011 12:54:43 PM

Hello,people. I can't install fedora 15 64-bit dvd edition on my lenovo ideapad 4gb ram, 2nd generation i5,640 gb hdd from a bootable pendrive. It never boots. Setup doesn't give me any options while installing like their is no install option on first splash screen.. Can anybody help?

More about : install fedora bit

Related resources
July 29, 2011 4:33:00 PM

Quote:
May I ask what your main use of linux will be? I ask because the only reason you'd want Fedora is for a server type application. I'd highly suggest going to a Debian flavor of linux.


huh? Just because it uses a slightly different package management system does not mean its for server only. Please go away and keep that opinion to your self.
m
0
l
July 29, 2011 5:38:01 PM

skittle said:
huh? Just because it uses a slightly different package management system does not mean its for server only. Please go away and keep that opinion to your self.

cmon people. please don't fight :non:  .. I think i might have got the real reason.. please correct me if I'm wrong... I am using a 3.73 gb usb stick to install the fedora dvd version.. I thin kit doesn't have the required free space to function. So that could be the reason..
m
0
l
July 31, 2011 2:52:03 PM

Can the DVD version of FEDORA only be made bootable from a system where FEDORA has been installed?
m
0
l
July 31, 2011 3:28:34 PM

It sounds like it can be done from any Windows install or Linux install with the software noted previously (liveusb-creator), and it does kinda sound like the LinuxLive USB Creator you used should work for creating bootable media. Ultimately, you're not really giving us enough information, for example
Quote:
It never boots. Setup doesn't give me any options while installing like their is no install option on first splash screen..

Is it the case that it never boots, or that, for some reason, it does boot but the installation options are limited/missing?
m
0
l
October 20, 2013 10:26:23 AM

prabh_chandhar said:
Hello,people. I can't install fedora 15 64-bit dvd edition on my lenovo ideapad 4gb ram, 2nd generation i5,640 gb hdd from a bootable pendrive. It never boots. Setup doesn't give me any options while installing like their is no install option on first splash screen.. Can anybody help?


Have you checked if your BIOS supports booting off a pendrive?
If it does, go into bios (usually f12, f1, f2, DEL or shift at startup) and change the ordor so tat external usb drive or usb drive or somthing like that is top priority. save changes and reboot. Some computers may require you to press a key to boot off the pendrive.

Hope this helps.
m
0
l
October 20, 2013 11:51:52 AM

After over two years one has to assume that the OP has tried everything or has given up. Why resurect such a dead thread?
m
0
l
!