Cant install fedora 15 64-bit

prabh_chandhar

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2011
Hello,people. I can't install fedora 15 64-bit dvd edition on my lenovo ideapad 4gb ram, 2nd generation i5,640 gb hdd from a bootable pendrive. It never boots. Setup doesn't give me any options while installing like their is no install option on first splash screen.. Can anybody help?

prabh_chandhar

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2011

sir I did it using liliusb maker...

May I ask what your main use of linux will be? I ask because the only reason you'd want Fedora is for a server type application. I'd highly suggest going to a Debian flavor of linux.

huh? Just because it uses a slightly different package management system does not mean its for server only. Please go away and keep that opinion to your self.

prabh_chandhar

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2011

cmon people. please don't fight :non: .. I think i might have got the real reason.. please correct me if I'm wrong... I am using a 3.73 gb usb stick to install the fedora dvd version.. I thin kit doesn't have the required free space to function. So that could be the reason..

bmouring

Distinguished
May 6, 2006
It sounds like it can be done from any Windows install or Linux install with the software noted previously (liveusb-creator), and it does kinda sound like the LinuxLive USB Creator you used should work for creating bootable media. Ultimately, you're not really giving us enough information, for example
It never boots. Setup doesn't give me any options while installing like their is no install option on first splash screen..
Is it the case that it never boots, or that, for some reason, it does boot but the installation options are limited/missing?

Edir

Honorable
Oct 6, 2013

Have you checked if your BIOS supports booting off a pendrive?
If it does, go into bios (usually f12, f1, f2, DEL or shift at startup) and change the ordor so tat external usb drive or usb drive or somthing like that is top priority. save changes and reboot. Some computers may require you to press a key to boot off the pendrive.

Hope this helps.