About to give up - please help.

happenincat

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2007
I just received my new computer earlier today, and have almost everything set up. I was originally having troubles keeping a wireless connection in my room once i first got everything booted up, which was strange, because my laptop always had a signal. I adjusted my computer and the wireless antenae on the card so it'd be closer and pointing at the router, because I thought that might be the problem. It seemed to have worked for a short time, because my connection went from Low to High and Very Good.

Once WoW finished installing, I booted it up to see how nice it looked on my new comp. Everything was perfect, minus my latency. it'd stay around 550, then randomly shoot up to 9,000 and then slowly back down. My connection kept randomly going from Low to Very Good, so I thought there'd be an issue with the wireless card itself. I called the Tech Support of the company who built my computer, because the connection was effecting everything, and the guy on the phone told me I need to download and reinstall the drivers and then reboot the computer, and that should fix the problem. So I do this, and once my computer loads back up, there are no more wireless networks, and instead the window says this:

"Windows cannot configure this wireless connection

If you have enabled another program to manage this wireless connection, use that software."

I tried calling Tech Support back, but they were closed.

Any ideas? All help will be much appreciated!

Look these over, it may give you some pointers.

http://www.microsoft.com/athome/moredone/wirelesstips.mspx