Numbering Pages in Wordpad

I have a long document in wordpad and cannot find the way to number the
pages. Could someone help me? Thanks....
4 answers Last reply
More about numbering pages wordpad

    Wordpad does not offer the functionality you are asking for. Notepad and
    WordPad are very basic and rudimentary text editing programs. If you wish to
    auto number the pages, you will have to import the document into a full word
    processing package, such as Microsoft Word; do the numbering there, and then
    save in a format compatible with your needs. Please keep in mind that much
    of the special formatting that one can do in Word may not carry over to
    other formats.

    Bobby

    "deborah" <deborahmusic@comcast.net> wrote in message
    >I have a long document in wordpad and cannot find the way to number the
    >pages. Could someone help me? Thanks....

    Open Office is a freeware alternative to Microsoft Office that works very
    well. You can import your WordPad documents into it
    http://www.openoffice.org/

    --

    Harry Ohrn MS-MVP [Shell/User]
    www.webtree.ca/windowsxp

    "deborah" <deborahmusic@comcast.net> wrote in message
    >I have a long document in wordpad and cannot find the way to number the
    >pages. Could someone help me? Thanks....

    Thanks for your help...at least this will keep me from banging my head
    against a wall!!!
    "NoNoBadDog!" <mypants_bjsledgeATpixi.com> wrote in message
    > Wordpad does not offer the functionality you are asking for. Notepad and
    > WordPad are very basic and rudimentary text editing programs. If you wish
    > to auto number the pages, you will have to import the document into a full
    > word processing package, such as Microsoft Word; do the numbering there,
    > and then save in a format compatible with your needs. Please keep in mind
    > that much of the special formatting that one can do in Word may not carry
    > over to other formats.
    >
    > Bobby
    >
    > "deborah" <deborahmusic@comcast.net> wrote in message
    >>I have a long document in wordpad and cannot find the way to number the
    >>pages. Could someone help me? Thanks....

    Microsoft Works Suite 2005 (also includes Microsoft Word)
    http://www.microsoft.com/products/info/product.aspx?view=22&pcid=88ef866c-23d8-4105-b196-a3d05a8f7234&type=ovr

    ($99.95 - $20.00 rebate = $79.95) (excellent value)

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    "deborah" wrote:

    | I have a long document in wordpad and cannot find the way to number the
    | pages. Could someone help me? Thanks....

Document Microsoft Windows XP