LAMP server to stream to WII

This weekend I will be beating the heat and working on my multimedia needs. I've read that I can stream videos, pictures and music through my Nintendo Wii to the tv/surround sound system. Installing the LAMP server and the Gnome GUI (Ubuntu 10.04 LTS Server Edition) is fairly straightforward, but after that I'm entirely not sure what to do. I think I need to install a program that will convert the media to flash so that it will play in Opera, but I'm not sure what I need to get. I have seen three of four different programs mentioned, but want to know if anyone has a favorite for all of this. The one i see over and over again is Media Center X. Is that any good or are there better things to use?????
2 answers Last reply
More about lamp server stream
  1. The Wii doesn't by default come with a UPnP/DNLA receiver or the ilk, what were you expecting to use to view media on the Wii (there are options, but these options will suggest different ultimate solutions)?
  2. baskerva said:
    Is that any good or are there better things to use?????

I just use ffmpeg... http://www.stevenbrown.ca/blog/archives/tag/ffmpeg

Honestly though the wii is very limiting in what it can play. I suggest getting something like a popcornhour or another device. They are pretty cheap these days!
Ask a new question

Read More

Wii Servers