Sign in with
Your question

LAMP server to stream to WII

Last response: in Linux/Free BSD
July 22, 2011 6:19:36 PM

This weekend I will be beating the heat and working on my multimedia needs. I've read that I can stream videos, pictures and music through my Nintendo Wii to the tv/surround sound system. Installing the LAMP server and the Gnome GUI (Ubuntu 10.04 LTS Server Edition) is fairly straightforward, but after that I'm entirely not sure what to do. I think I need to install a program that will convert the media to flash so that it will play in Opera, but I'm not sure what I need to get. I have seen three of four different programs mentioned, but want to know if anyone has a favorite for all of this. The one i see over and over again is Media Center X. Is that any good or are there better things to use?????

More about : lamp server stream wii

July 23, 2011 10:49:47 PM

The Wii doesn't by default come with a UPnP/DNLA receiver or the ilk, what were you expecting to use to view media on the Wii (there are options, but these options will suggest different ultimate solutions)?
m
l
July 24, 2011 4:23:07 PM

baskerva said:
Is that any good or are there better things to use?????

I just use ffmpeg... http://www.stevenbrown.ca/blog/archives/tag/ffmpeg

Honestly though the wii is very limiting in what it can play. I suggest getting something like a popcornhour or another device. They are pretty cheap these days!
m
l
!