Closed Solved

Problem with 8800GTS, dual-screen, and streaming!

Hiya, I have a few little problems here.

First of all, I had an issue with my 8800 GTS and the latest nVidia released drivers (175.19? something). Had lockups, and major ****. I decided to grab the 177.79 that are currently in beta (I think).

I have no more problem with WoW, but I have lockups in the opening of Alone in the Dark and major FPS problems with Crysis (medium config).

I'm on dual screen and I've noticed that, when I try to change the resolution in the config menu of the game, my 2nd screen will blink a few times and switch between Analog and Digital mode and finally my main screen will remain black and I need to restart my computer.

Also, from times to times, without any explanation, I'm losing sound while watching video streaming on Youtube or MyspaceTV.

I can't believe that all these errors are related to drivers? They are all up to date, and I don't have any BSOD..

Thanks in advance!
3 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about problem 8800gts dual screen streaming
  1. Best answer
    I'd uninstall the card totally, and then reinstall it.

If that fails try system restore to a date before the problem started.
  2. It started as soon as I installed it...
  3. I had a similar problem, after installing GRiD. I would get flickering, and crashing. I reformatted(had to, anyway), and all is well now. Gave me a chance to try out vlite. Worst-case scenario, just reformat.
Ask a new question

Read More

Windows Vista