Tags:
  • Motherboards
  • XPS
  • Dell
  • Dimension
Last response: in Motherboards
May 19, 2007 2:23:14 AM

Hello,

I currently have a Dell Dimension XPS Gen 3. The motherboard does not support Intel® Core™2 Duo Processors. I would like to upgrade my current machine to a motherboard that supports that processor.

Does anyone know if I can buy a motherboard outside of Dell to accomplish this. Or are Dell motherboards and cases so custom that it would not be compatible?

Thanks ahead of time for any responses!

More about : replacement motherboard dimension xps gen

May 19, 2007 3:03:51 AM

Any atx motherboard should fit. I replaced my original P4 mobo in my old Gen 4 with a Gigabyte 965P a while back. Although you'll have a heck of a time removing the PSU casing to get at the mobo (that big green thing).

Since you're replacing the mobo you'll also need to reformat the HD with a fresh Windows install. But you probably already knew that...
May 19, 2007 3:54:02 AM

The problem is going to be the power supply. Dell doesn't use a typical PSU connection (at least last I checked). If you upgrade the mobo and correspondingly the CPU the PSU will need to be upgraded as well and that means a new case. It is a rather big project unfortunately. :?
January 10, 2009 9:53:53 AM

Would you be interested in selling the old motherboard? I'm in the market for this particular model if it is in full working order.
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
February 21, 2009 8:46:56 AM

najdier said:
Would you be interested in selling the old motherboard? I'm in the market for this particular model if it is in full working order.

I have the same model and would be interested in selling.

Contact me at davegenie@hotmail.com on MSN messenger or mail and maybe we can come to a deal. It is a 3.4 processor with 4gig of DDR2 RAM.

D
October 27, 2009 2:37:19 PM

Quote:
I have the same model and would be interested in selling.

Contact me at davegenie@hotmail.com on MSN messenger or mail and maybe we can come to a deal. It is a 3.4 processor with 4gig of DDR2 RAM.

D

i WOULD BE INTERESTE DIN BUYING THIS MOTHERBOARD. CONTACT ME @DEE0115@LIVE.COM
!