Vista Install Problem, Help!

Minoxic

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2008
Hello everyone, I have a newly built computer and I'm having problems installing vista onto it. It keeps giving me this error once i get through all the setup.

I'll start off clicking on my HDD in order to install vista onto it..

I can get it to go to this screen here, but it will never leave 0%..

After about 5-10 minutes of staying at 0% it will bring up this error screen..

After hitting okay it will bring me back to the beginning of the install process. If i continue through again my HDD will not be on the list anymore. I'll have to restart my computer before it will recognize the HDD again. I've tried multiple times with the same results, any help would be lovely. Thank you.

GIGABYTE GA-EP43-DS3L LGA 775 Intel P43 ATX Intel Motherboard

Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 (Perpendicular Recording) ST3500630AS 500GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive

Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 Wolfdale 3.0GHz 6MB L2 Cache LGA 775 65W

LG Black 20X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 16X DVD+R DL 20X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 12X DVD-RAM 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-R 32X CD-RW 48X CD-ROM 2MB Cache SATA 20X DVD±R DVD Burner w/ SecurDisc Tech

OCZ Gold 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400)

BFG Tech BFGE96512GTOCE GeForce 9600 GT 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card

I've had problems with Vista setup formating a 'brand new' hard drive. A hard drive that has never been formatted prior. You can pop in a Windows XP installation CD and format the new HD that way, then Vista will properly recognize it is indeed a hard drive (one of those things?! LOL). Or try hooking up to an XP system and fromatting it from disk management.

I second this idea. Try deleting any existing partitons with XP or some othe utility (such as fdisk), then partition it, format ntfs, and then put it back in for vusta to chew on. I can't rmember but did you say this drive was working on any other system before. If it's brand new it could be bad. Try the HD mfgs. utilities disk on it you can DL from mfgs site if you suspect this could be possible.

If the Seagate HDD is retail it came with a drive preparation disk, if its OEM download the disk from Seagate it may save you some time.

Note; Installing from scratch make sure you're not overclocking anything, install with default settings first then OC later if thats your intentions.

Also you may want to double check your OCZ memory settings in the BIOS setup against the OCZ websites spec settings for the memory including the voltage setting, you may have to set those manually if your M/B doesn't default them to their proper settings.

Also make sure the SATA headers are set to IDE in the BIOS setup, since you're installing from a SATA optical drive.