Can't set vcore higher than 1.45V on my 3700

randomizer

Champion
I dont really get it. In my BIOS I have my vcore set at 1.55V, yet it is detected by CoreTemp as 1.45V, cpu-z as 1.24-1.40V, crystal cpuid as 1.45V. I just dont get it, no matter how high it seems I set it, using BIOS or a program within windows, I cant set it above 1.45V. If I set it at 1.4V, then all the programs adjust accordingly, but above 1.45 and they dont change. The same happens in reverse, when I set it below 1.1V, nothing detects it any lower than 1.1V (I had it at that voltage when playing oblivion with my old psu coz of stability issues) Any help is appreciated, my comp is in my sig.

randomizer

Champion
I know that about the FSB, but you would think that if they put options in there for upo to 1.7V, you could at least go past 1.45V... I mean, there are some 939 chips that use 1.5V stock, so how would you run those?

randomizer

Champion
Well I'm hoping for 2.7Ghz, but I will be happy with 2.6Ghz. Whats really annoying is that in my BIOS, if I set the RAM to manual, leaving the settings the same as are auto detected, I get a no-boot and have to reset the CMOS, which is really hard coz the jumper is behind my video card (talk about bad placement). Anything above 133mhz (or 2:3 divider I think) results in a no-boot, so to get my RAM back to 200mhz, I will need a 66 mhz FSB increase! 266mhz is gonna be hard to get I think, although I should be able to do it with a little chipset voltage bump. Oh and btw, my default vcore is 1.4V not 1.3V, so I can only get a 0.05V vcore bump, which is useless.