P5W DH Deluxe Use AI overclocking or ?

Ed-B

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2006
Hello All:
I noticed a lot of posts on this board that says ASUS AI is crap and not to use it. My question is why is it crap? I am curently using it and my E6600 is running at 3.11 Gig and FSB is 1385 according to CPUZ. The reason I am using it is because I have tried several times to use Wusy's guide but I can't find all of the settings he says to change. Maybe my bios is different or I am too dumb to figure it out. I am using Bios 1707.
Thanks for any help in improving my computers performance.
Ed

BustedSony

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2006
Hello All:
I noticed a lot of posts on this board that says ASUS AI is crap and not to use it. My question is why is it crap? I am curently using it and my E6600 is running at 3.11 Gig and FSB is 1385 according to CPUZ. The reason I am using it is because I have tried several times to use Wusy's guide but I can't find all of the settings he says to change. Maybe my bios is different or I am too dumb to figure it out. I am using Bios 1707.
Thanks for any help in improving my computers performance.
Ed

Look at my post (#10) in This Thread where I give the exact settings for overclocking a P5W-DH. Yes Wuzy's guide offers some different teminology but does cover the points specific to this board. I personally see no need for AI.

Ed-B

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2006
Thanks, I actually copied and printed your post earlier this evening and I will try to use these settings on my computer. For some reason AI doen't want to use the right voltage or my 4Gb of crucial laser PC8000. The spec. says5-5-5-15 at 2.2 volts so I'm not sure if I should change the timing or the voltage or both.
Thanks Ed