Burn iso image on usb

Hello,
i want to install red hat linux distribution but i dont DVD rom so i have iso image.how i burn iso image on to usb and install redhat from USB..it is poosible..
4 answers Last reply
More about burn image
  1. check the Ubuntu instruction on how to create a USB drive. It should work for RedHat, too

http://www.ubuntu.com/download/ubuntu/download
  2. It depends on what your host OS is. If you're on Windows, you can use unetbootin. If you're on Linux, there's other tools available that will differ depending on your distribution.
  3. leosamoo79 said:
    Hello,
    i want to install red hat linux distribution but i dont DVD rom so i have iso image.how i burn iso image on to usb and install redhat from USB..it is poosible..

1. Download your chosen ISO file, noting the path to where it was downloaded (i.e. /home/username/Downloads/)

2. Insert your USB stick and learn how it is recognized by the system, To do so, enter the command:

sudo ls -l /dev/disk/by-id/*usb* (or eliminate "sudo" if entering as root)

This should produce output along the lines of:

lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 9 2010-03-15 22:54 /dev/disk/by-id/usb-_USB_DISK_2.0_077508380189-0:0
    -> ../../sdb
    lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 10 2010-03-15 22:54 /dev/disk/by-id/usb-_USB_DISK_2.0_077508380189-0:0-
    part1 -> ../../sdb1

3. Unmount the usb stick (NOTE: replace the X in sdX with whatever was returned in the first line
    from command above)

sudo umount /dev/sdX

4. Use this command to write (as root) the image iso to your USB stick:

dd if=/path/to/your/distro.iso of=/dev/sdX bs=4M;sync

You should now have a bootable USB stick of your chosen Operating System.
  4. Emerald said:
    check the Ubuntu instruction on how to create a USB drive. It should work for RedHat, too

http://www.ubuntu.com/download/ubuntu/download

I do like Pendrive Linux, but you can't create a persistance file with that and Fedora.
Ask a new question

Read More

ISO Burner USB