Starcraft 2!!!! :D

shargrath

Distinguished
May 13, 2007
http://au.pc.gamespy.com/pc/starcraft-2/790124p1.html

omg omg omg yay starcraft 2 woo!
I was worried that there was another mmo in the works but now that can be put to rest. :D. Sadly theres no other info at the moment apart from the announcement (the event is going to last for the weekend should be more info). BUT apparently there was a trailer for it, so it should show up on youtube soon...

Yes I know this is the CPU sub-forum but dewd...its...starcraft...

truromeo4juliet

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2006
koreans are fainting already

fainting? I'm sure there's a few progaming koreans out there that dusted off SC1 to get their practice on, and are now well on their way to dying like a few of the other too-addicted-to-maintain-my-health gaming addicts out there... luck to blizzard.. wish it was D3 :(

truromeo4juliet

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2006
"not a cpu" LOL

on a different, yet related note (since it's also RTS) there is a new expansion pack for Age of Empires III in the making (Asian Dynasties)... they HAD to release this on the day that blizzard announces SC2, huh? that's a huge overshadowing waiting to happen...

shargrath

Distinguished
May 13, 2007
This thread should be moved.

Yeh I feel stupid for posting this in the cpu forum now, my apologies people. :oops:
Does anyone else think that the graphics for SC2 look very dated like 04ish?

also for those that have not seen it yet http://fallout.bethsoft.com/ theres a new concept image and there looks to be a trailer/teaser in 2 and a bit weeks time.

Shizamaaur

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2006
.......that's for... fallout.....3 ........ which should be badass bro...
and

OMG SC 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: i have been waiting years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: 8O :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

not_this_punk

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2007
no no....no this can`t be true. i never was one to play games just for graphics but those screenshots look more like warcraft 3. and there was a mod once (search it on youtube) which turned command and conquer generals into some kind of starcraft.
that kind of engine can`t be chosen by blizzard, as it takes away all of starcraft`s grim atmosphere. that can`t be starcraft. it just isn`t, it doesn`t have the starcraft feel.
it`s a stupid joke or something and the screenshots are taken from that c&c mod (with improved graphics quality, no doubt that) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RyW7LfKlyrI

shargrath

Distinguished
May 13, 2007
http://www.starcraft2.com/
The official site for SC2 theres a trailer that I was on about earlier as well as a faq that doesn't give much info and other random bits of info.

No xel'naga or hybrids as new playable races just the 3 :(. Im looking very forward to hearing more about SC2, Fallout 3 in the near future. As well as K10.

not_this_punk

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2007
i guess it`s official...they ruined it. from the screenshots it`s just starcraft with a pretty lame 3d engine. with rts` like supreme commander, blizzard makes another game in which a battlecruiser can be taken down by a squad of marines....wow...this could have been the best game in history and they just ruined it.
guess it was time to make some money....

exarrkun

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2006
what about Samir Duran?
wasn't he doing experiments on protoss and zerg to fuse them?
(bonuslevels SC1)

can't wait to play this game :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

not_this_punk

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2007
from what i remember, the protoss and the zerg once had a common ancestor or something like that. i don`t remember this very well but you are given this information in the last mission with the zerg from what i recall. so "fusing" them would be....i don`t know i just wouldn`t like the idea.

Mandrake_

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2006
.......that's for... fallout.....3 ........ which should be badass bro...
and

OMG SC 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: i have been waiting years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: 8O :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

:trophy: :trophy: :trophy: :trophy: :trophy: :trophy: :trophy: :trophy: :trophy: :trophy: :trophy: :trophy: :trophy: :trophy: :trophy: :trophy: :trophy: :trophy: :trophy: :trophy: :trophy: :trophy: :trophy: :trophy: :trophy:

SC2 FTW! :D :D :D :D

Andrius

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2004
From what I remember both the Protoss and the Zerg where experiments of the ancient Xel Naga race.

Both went wrong ...
The Protoss had a series of civil wars .
The Zerg attacked the Xel Naga world ship (and probably destroyed it).

The second game will have to be great, as the first one even today looks pretty, it just lacks some resolution scaling (and a full 3D engine).

I don't expect too much... as Supreme Commander was a waste.
After Diablo2 Blizzard sailed off into a strange direction ...

WarCraft3 was somewhat of a letdown...

deceneu

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2006
http://au.pc.gamespy.com/pc/starcraft-2/790124p1.html

Yes I know this is the CPU sub-forum but dewd...its...starcraft...

dude, you are so right :lol: :lol: :lol:
this is the news of the century: STARCRAFT 2
all hail Blizzard

reconviperone1

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2006
My cousin was addicted to the original starcraft, the guy worked 12 hours a day, came home and played well into the night, I never played it, but he says it's one of the best games ever made. Im playing homeworld right now, its a good game, gonna get homeworld 2, and i also am playuing freespace 2 (still) with a battlestar galactica mod. These kind of games rock, they should bring out more.

deceneu

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2006
My cousin was addicted to the original starcraft, the guy worked 12 hours a day, came home and played well into the night, I never played it, but he says it's one of the best games ever made. Im playing homeworld right now, its a good game, gonna get homeworld 2, and i also am playuing freespace 2 (still) with a battlestar galactica mod. These kind of games rock, they should bring out more.

homeworld is so cool, I play homaworld 2 for some time, and is much much better than HW1, those reserches were so slow in HW1, in HW2 thwey are made faster, so the game is playble in multiplayer.
I wish for a combination between starcraft 2 and homeworld, not the storyline but the games planet surface and inspace action as well.
that would be awesome.

not_this_punk

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2007
i don`t get it...they keep boasting that SC2`s engine can render "very large units" but the units have the same proportions as in the original starcraft...

rationality

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2007
I actually think the graphics look pretty good (IMO better than C&C 3 and Supreme Commander)

BUT

Graphics never made Starcraft - yeah the gritty atmosphere was awesome but that came mostly from the cutscenes/voiceovers - what made Starcraft was that there were three equally balanced races. No other company to this day can claim to have created a game that was as balanced as Starcraft - it will be interesting to see if Blizzard can do it again (I hope they're not going to use the people that are balancing the classes in WoW...)

kaoru780

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2006
Yay SC2 , but i was really looking forward for a diablo 3 as well. I wanna know what Tyreal meant by your world will be change forever? And it would look so awesome in 3d.