bigheadmikelove

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2008
Hello, I am not the most tech savvy person and I built my first pc in march. I consider it a pretty modern rig (Intell Q6600 4 gigs 2x2 of geil evo ddr 800 ram gigabyte p35 motherboard evga nvidia 8800gtx video card, no soundcard with a seasonic 600 watt ps all running on xp pro with the most current service pack) I use Eset Smart security) my problem is that it just seems too slow, ever since I put the whole thing together and got it all running it just seems unresponsive (an example is when i go to click on the start menu it comes up about a half a second to a second after I click on it, and it has been like this for the entire life of my pc) should I format and restart or could I have a faulty piece of hardware (I sure hope not) I don't overclock, and I cant think of anything else I should tell you all, if there is anymore info I can give, please let me know. Thanks in advance

Mike

auscanzukus

Distinguished
Jul 26, 2008
Does it take half to 1 sec to open start menu EVERY time? The 1st time in a session (login) it's slow.

Can you post a screenshot of your right-click context menu in my computer? If it gets long, it can slow down file browsing. Or you can post your apps you've installed on the pc.

Gen-speak, it's a good idea to not install a context menu when asked by an installer. Sometimes it's buried in the app's prefs/options. Called "integrate into explorer" or something like that. You don't need that. When you double-click a file to open it, the correct app will open.

Latest posts