One strange evening...

Weird.

First, I get a mission from Laura Brunetti to go kill a Mage, destroy an
altar and free six hostages in the "board train" cemetary (one of my
favorite maps).

If that goddamned sixth hostage was there, he was invisible. I searched
and searched and searched, and I've learned all the tricks. Finally gave
up.

Got another from Brunetti to go kill all BP in a cave. Took me ten
minutes to clear the rooms; another 45 to find the one straggler hiding
on a high ledge.

Then I got the mission to go free the New Agers from the BP and CoT in
the "board train" forest. Clear it, start hunting the many orange Totems
for XP, knowing I had the F9 (bound to "exit mission) key waiting if it
got the better of me. Whoops, two Totems and a Spectral Overlord, bar
drops fast, whack F9... instead of coming out at the Kings Row train
station, come out at a random KR location. Down. No XP debt. :) :) :)

Then I decide to go see if I've leveled enough on Maestro to complete
that damned AV mission. I have; he's white, all his minions are gray. The
weird thing is, he couldn't do any damage to me. His minions could chip
away a little, but he didn't do me any damage. So I stand there and pound
and pound (he was 22) until he falls. No XP. No mission credit. *Sigh*.
At least I've cleared that slot.

Strange, strange evening, expecially the defeat with no debt.

--
-= Victory Server =-
-= Sgt Glory B: Level 27 Tech Blaster, Electric/Energy, F =-

In article <Xns9620EB37E456Anitropressatnitrosyn@216.168.3.44>,
Shenanigunner wrote:
> Weird.
>
> First, I get a mission from Laura Brunetti to go kill a Mage, destroy an
> altar and free six hostages in the "board train" cemetary (one of my
> favorite maps).
>
> If that goddamned sixth hostage was there, he was invisible. I searched
> and searched and searched, and I've learned all the tricks. Finally gave
> up.

That outdoor map has a lot of annoying places to tuck hostages,
especially on the mound with all the mausoleums.

--
--- An' thou dost not get caught, do as thou wilt shall be the law ---
"Religion disperses like a fog, kingdoms perish, but the works of

sw <sw@eyrie.org> wrote:
>> First, I get a mission from Laura Brunetti to go kill a Mage, destroy
>> an altar and free six hostages in the "board train" cemetary (one of
>> my favorite maps).
>>
>> If that goddamned sixth hostage was there, he was invisible. I
>> searched and searched and searched, and I've learned all the tricks.
>> Finally gave up.

> That outdoor map has a lot of annoying places to tuck hostages,
> especially on the mound with all the mausoleums.

I cleared all the objectives - defeat the mage and his coven, destroy the
altar, find five of the hostages - in about ten minutes. (I love
SuperSpeed!) I then searched. And searched. And searched. I finally
criss-crossed the map twice, once N-S and once E-W, on a small grid and
not letting obstacles deflect me, stopping to examine each and every
group of foes both times. My assumption was that if the hostage was
hidden in a crack or a bush (as one of the five were - spotted 'em by the
two characteristic "threatening foes"), it would be easier to spot the
guards.

After a good fifty minutes of this, I gave up. I think the hostage was
inside one of the buildings or in another "neverland" spot.

BTW, I fell through a crack in an Oranbega map the other day - big square
room around a pool, I jumped from one pool-edge to the adjacent one...
and found myself inside the "deck" structure. Completely finished "room"
but no exit. Had to quit and reenter to finish the mission.

--
-= Victory Server =-
-= Sgt Glory B: Level 27 Tech Blaster, Electric/Energy, F =-
-= Mean Mr Mustard: Level 8 Science Scrapper, Dark/Regen, M =-
-= Always looking for reliable teammates - look me up! =-
-= See you on HEROICA! - http://www.dgath.com/coh/ =-
-= The Keybind & Macro Guide is now available! =-

Shenanigunner wrote...
> After a good fifty minutes of this, I gave up. I think the hostage was
> inside one of the buildings or in another "neverland" spot.

CoT and BP hostage missions often have one or more hostages in a
'ritual' group. They're the ones performing a ritual with the bright
green effects, only there will be a levitated npc struggling in the
middle of the group.

Also, on the map you're talking about they often hide them behind a
crypt on the top level, or on the top ridge along the edges of the zone.

Zoiks!

Zoiks! <zoiks@shaggy.com> wrote:
> CoT and BP hostage missions often have one or more hostages in a
> 'ritual' group. They're the ones performing a ritual with the bright
> green effects, only there will be a levitated npc struggling in the
> middle of the group.

Yep, know that, rescued at least one such in this mission.

> Also, on the map you're talking about they often hide them behind a
> crypt on the top level, or on the top ridge along the edges of the zone.

Explored around and between every crypt, circled everything, and ran around
the top ridge several times.