belo

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2008
I just noticed it was out the other day. But for some reason it always fails on the install. I didn't really care and I'll try the hotfix I read about today at work.

But while I wait. Has anyone tried it? Thoughts? Anyone else have install problems on vista32?

I briefly tried a beta version - It's better in that it treats tabs more efficiently than was the case. But the early beta I tried crashed constantly (on Vista 64), and I'm not much of an IE fan to begin with. I'm sure the instability is fixed by now. Maybe someone else has tried a newer build.

belo

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2008
yeah, it's funny. It even provides you with a desktop shortcut to a help link. It asks you to restart so it can undo its changes, but the link they give does no good.

Hailie

Distinguished
Sep 25, 2008
It's still in Beta phase of course, but you'd think Microsoft would do a better job of making their beta software more accessible to the testing public. I've heard of so many errors related to simply getting IE8 to work that I wouldn't want to be the one reportitng standard browser errors - it seems far from stable.

It's still a poor poor rival to Safari and Firefox in my mind. IE8 is busy seeking out praise in features that the other browsers have done better for ages! I'll stick to Safari for now, I think, until something drastic improves.