On a number of my bookmarked FAVORITE web sites, such as the NY Times and
Yahoo Calendar I have repeatedly clicked a box asking the sites to remember
my id and password--to no avail. I always have to re-enter those items. Is
that a fault of the sites, my computer, WindowsXP?

Jerry

Launch Internet Explorer and from the Toolbar select:
Tools > Internet Options > Content > AutoComplete.

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"Jerome Nadelhaft" <jjnadelhaft@verizon.net> wrote in message
> On a number of my bookmarked FAVORITE web sites, such as the NY Times and
> Yahoo Calendar I have repeatedly clicked a box asking the sites to
> remember my id and password--to no avail. I always have to re-enter those
> items. Is that a fault of the sites, my computer, WindowsXP?
>
> Jerry
The following is from the Yahoo log in page:

" Why am I being asked for my password?

To protect your account, you need to confirm your password periodically.
Some Yahoo! services, such as Yahoo! Mail and Yahoo! Address Book, require
you to periodically enter your password even though you are already signed
in. We do this to protect your personal information. You can adjust the
length of time before password prompting--up to 24 hours--by visiting
Account Info and clicking on the Edit link for Member Information. For your
security, we will always prompt you for your password when accessing
sensitive personal information, like Account Info."

Cajunswabbie