cookies?

On a number of my bookmarked FAVORITE web sites, such as the NY Times and
Yahoo Calendar I have repeatedly clicked a box asking the sites to remember
my id and password--to no avail. I always have to re-enter those items. Is
that a fault of the sites, my computer, WindowsXP?

Jerry
2 answers Last reply
More about cookies

    Launch Internet Explorer and from the Toolbar select:
    Tools > Internet Options > Content > AutoComplete.

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    "Jerome Nadelhaft" <jjnadelhaft@verizon.net> wrote in message
    > On a number of my bookmarked FAVORITE web sites, such as the NY Times and
    > Yahoo Calendar I have repeatedly clicked a box asking the sites to
    > remember my id and password--to no avail. I always have to re-enter those
    > items. Is that a fault of the sites, my computer, WindowsXP?
    >
    > Jerry
    The following is from the Yahoo log in page:

    " Why am I being asked for my password?

    To protect your account, you need to confirm your password periodically.
    Some Yahoo! services, such as Yahoo! Mail and Yahoo! Address Book, require
    you to periodically enter your password even though you are already signed
    in. We do this to protect your personal information. You can adjust the
    length of time before password prompting--up to 24 hours--by visiting
    Account Info and clicking on the Edit link for Member Information. For your
    security, we will always prompt you for your password when accessing
    sensitive personal information, like Account Info."

    Cajunswabbie

Cookie Microsoft Windows XP