Folder for Open With

I have lost my file association for PDF and can't seem to get Acrobat Reader
7 to be included in the Open With programs. I have tried Browse and clicked
on the program and it never shows up and, therefore, doesn't open the PDF
file. I have gone to Microsoft, to the help files and can't seem to find
anything to help. I checked the registry's Open With files and Acrobat
Reader 7 is listed there. I am at a loss. All was working just fine until I
had a computer crash today and had to revert back to a prior working version
of windows and file. Any help will be appreciated. I have spent about 4
hours trying to get it to work but nothing so far. Thanks in advance.
3 answers Last reply
More about folder open with

    maybe if you reinstall Acrobat it will fix your problem.

    "nor" <wnor@comcast.irc> wrote in message
    >I have lost my file association for PDF and can't seem to get Acrobat
    >Reader 7 to be included in the Open With programs. I have tried Browse and
    >clicked on the program and it never shows up and, therefore, doesn't open
    >the PDF file. I have gone to Microsoft, to the help files and can't seem to
    >find anything to help. I checked the registry's Open With files and Acrobat
    >Reader 7 is listed there. I am at a loss. All was working just fine until I
    >had a computer crash today and had to revert back to a prior working
    >version of windows and file. Any help will be appreciated. I have spent
    >about 4 hours trying to get it to work but nothing so far. Thanks in
    >advance.

    Thanks Ivee, tried that too. Finally had to open a folder, go to
    Tools>Folder Options and start all over with the file association. After
    about 3 removes and new, it seems to work. What a hassle to do something
    that should take about 3 clicks of the mouse button.

    "lvee" <notmesothere@msn.com> wrote in message
    > maybe if you reinstall Acrobat it will fix your problem.
    >
    > "nor" <wnor@comcast.irc> wrote in message
    >>I have lost my file association for PDF and can't seem to get Acrobat
    >>Reader 7 to be included in the Open With programs. I have tried Browse and
    >>clicked on the program and it never shows up and, therefore, doesn't open
    >>the PDF file. I have gone to Microsoft, to the help files and can't seem
    >>to find anything to help. I checked the registry's Open With files and
    >>Acrobat Reader 7 is listed there. I am at a loss. All was working just
    >>fine until I had a computer crash today and had to revert back to a prior
    >>working version of windows and file. Any help will be appreciated. I have
    >>spent about 4 hours trying to get it to work but nothing so far. Thanks in
    >>advance.

    well, at least you got it back. Good job!

    > Thanks Ivee, tried that too. Finally had to open a folder, go to
    > Tools>Folder Options and start all over with the file association. After
    > about 3 removes and new, it seems to work. What a hassle to do something
    > that should take about 3 clicks of the mouse button.
    >
    > "lvee" <notmesothere@msn.com> wrote in message
    >> maybe if you reinstall Acrobat it will fix your problem.
    >>
    >> "nor" <wnor@comcast.irc> wrote in message
    >>>I have lost my file association for PDF and can't seem to get Acrobat
    >>>Reader 7 to be included in the Open With programs. I have tried Browse
    >>>and clicked on the program and it never shows up and, therefore, doesn't
    >>>open the PDF file. I have gone to Microsoft, to the help files and can't
    >>>seem to find anything to help. I checked the registry's Open With files
    >>>and Acrobat Reader 7 is listed there. I am at a loss. All was working
    >>>just fine until I had a computer crash today and had to revert back to a
    >>>prior working version of windows and file. Any help will be appreciated.
    >>>I have spent about 4 hours trying to get it to work but nothing so far.
    >>>Thanks in advance.

Microsoft File Association Windows XP