Folder for Open With

May 20, 2005 12:08:32 AM

I have lost my file association for PDF and can't seem to get Acrobat Reader
7 to be included in the Open With programs. I have tried Browse and clicked
on the program and it never shows up and, therefore, doesn't open the PDF
file. I have gone to Microsoft, to the help files and can't seem to find
anything to help. I checked the registry's Open With files and Acrobat
Reader 7 is listed there. I am at a loss. All was working just fine until I
had a computer crash today and had to revert back to a prior working version
of windows and file. Any help will be appreciated. I have spent about 4
hours trying to get it to work but nothing so far. Thanks in advance.

More about : folder open

Anonymous
May 20, 2005 12:08:33 AM

maybe if you reinstall Acrobat it will fix your problem.

"nor" <wnor@comcast.irc> wrote in message
>I have lost my file association for PDF and can't seem to get Acrobat
>Reader 7 to be included in the Open With programs. I have tried Browse and
>clicked on the program and it never shows up and, therefore, doesn't open
>the PDF file. I have gone to Microsoft, to the help files and can't seem to
>find anything to help. I checked the registry's Open With files and Acrobat
>Reader 7 is listed there. I am at a loss. All was working just fine until I
>had a computer crash today and had to revert back to a prior working
>version of windows and file. Any help will be appreciated. I have spent
>about 4 hours trying to get it to work but nothing so far. Thanks in
>advance.

May 20, 2005 12:53:37 PM

Thanks Ivee, tried that too. Finally had to open a folder, go to
Tools>Folder Options and start all over with the file association. After
about 3 removes and new, it seems to work. What a hassle to do something
that should take about 3 clicks of the mouse button.

"lvee" <notmesothere@msn.com> wrote in message
> maybe if you reinstall Acrobat it will fix your problem.
>
> "nor" <wnor@comcast.irc> wrote in message
>>I have lost my file association for PDF and can't seem to get Acrobat
>>Reader 7 to be included in the Open With programs. I have tried Browse and
>>clicked on the program and it never shows up and, therefore, doesn't open
>>the PDF file. I have gone to Microsoft, to the help files and can't seem
>>to find anything to help. I checked the registry's Open With files and
>>Acrobat Reader 7 is listed there. I am at a loss. All was working just
>>fine until I had a computer crash today and had to revert back to a prior
>>working version of windows and file. Any help will be appreciated. I have
>>spent about 4 hours trying to get it to work but nothing so far. Thanks in
>>advance.

Anonymous
May 20, 2005 12:53:38 PM

well, at least you got it back. Good job!

news:o KNhxrTXFHA.3280@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...

!