Gt240 or hd5570

Solution
It's even mo-bettah than that: once installed, Mint will ask you if you want to install the closed-source Nvidia driver on first boot.

You can, of course, always download the Nvidia drivers from Nvidia and install them yourself, however note that if you take this approach, when the kernel gets upgraded via the update manager (a little program that essentially takes the place of all of those annoying Windows apps that always check to see if there's a new version of the software; however it does it for any software installed through the package manager), you will need to manually re-build the Nvidia drivers since it doesn't happen automagically anymore

bmouring

Distinguished
May 6, 2006
It's even mo-bettah than that: once installed, Mint will ask you if you want to install the closed-source Nvidia driver on first boot.

You can, of course, always download the Nvidia drivers from Nvidia and install them yourself, however note that if you take this approach, when the kernel gets upgraded via the update manager (a little program that essentially takes the place of all of those annoying Windows apps that always check to see if there's a new version of the software; however it does it for any software installed through the package manager), you will need to manually re-build the Nvidia drivers since it doesn't happen automagically anymore

Solution

bmouring

Distinguished
May 6, 2006

Huh, you learn something new every day (I figured something like this existed but never bothered to look into it)

newrider

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2011

I have a ati radeon 6950 2gb which I'm selling for 230 shipped. It works with linux. There is driver for ati. It actually
great driver coming from ati. At the first few driver didn't work well with linux but now they have great driver for my
ati card. This card is great for gaming in linux.