Status
Not open for further replies.

0mg_1ts_m3

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2008
i read in one of the articles here that most 32-bit apps work on a 64-bit operating system, so can i run adobe Photoshop cs3 extended on vista 64bit?

Solution
Virtually all 32 bit software runs fine on Vista 64. There are a few exceptions here and there. CS3 runs, I have it and have run it. I don't use many advanced features however. I'm not sure that Adobe will 100% attest that every single cs3 feature will work on 64 so if you need absolute certainty that every single thing will run on every system then you should probably contact Adobe or else check with an Adobe dedicated forum. My sens of it having listened in on a few discussions is that it's pretty close to 100% compatible at this point.
Virtually all 32 bit software runs fine on Vista 64. There are a few exceptions here and there. CS3 runs, I have it and have run it. I don't use many advanced features however. I'm not sure that Adobe will 100% attest that every single cs3 feature will work on 64 so if you need absolute certainty that every single thing will run on every system then you should probably contact Adobe or else check with an Adobe dedicated forum. My sens of it having listened in on a few discussions is that it's pretty close to 100% compatible at this point.

Solution
The only 32bit app problems I've run into on Vista64, were because I was trying to install an upgrade of an upgrade of an upgrade.

I had older software that I had purchased the upgrade to the newer versions at the time, which for the upgraded version to install, the older version had to be installed and operational on the computer first.

You may or may not have run into this situation, and to make a long story short, my installation required pre installing the 2 old versions, to install the newer upgrade, however the new upgrade did not recognize the past installs, so the newest upgrade would not install, even though the older programs were actually working!

The issue was finally resolved, because the company I purchased the software upgrade from, after explaining the situation to them and proving my past purchases, allowed me to download a full stand alone installation of their product, even though I had only paid for the reduced cost upgrade.

Status
Not open for further replies.