Newegg's 3 day guaranteed shipping is a joke

DEPHIC

Honorable
May 1, 2012
I've been using Newegg for over 10 years now for computer purchases, and have had no issues until the last few years. There shipping and customer service has seriously gone down hill. They weren't always the cheapest, but I wouldn't mind paying a little more for the extra reassurance that my package would be delivered on time and any RMA's or returns would be handled without any issues. The 3 day saver shipping they offer is horrible to say the least. Its 3-5 day ground from UPS, doesn't get delivered on Saturdays, and always seems to get lost or mishandled. I didn't realize the 3 day option was UPS ground or I would have used 2nd day air, or overnighted the package from FedEx. Here is my most recent order placed on the 24th, shipped from CA to ID, should have arrived on the 27th :
Location Date Local Time Activity
04/25/2012 3:44 P.M. Origin Scan
United States 04/25/2012 11:24 P.M. Order Processed: Ready for UPS
Baldwin Park, CA, United States 04/25/2012 11:31 P.M. Departure Scan
04/26/2012 12:06 A.M. Arrival Scan
Los Angeles, CA, United States 04/26/2012 4:55 A.M. Departure Scan
Atlanta, GA, United States 04/30/2012 10:40 A.M. Arrival Scan
05/01/2012 1:02 A.M. An exception in the sorting process has occurred. UPS has taken corrective action.

Last time i checked a map, Georgia was on the complete opposite side of the US from me. I can understand some shipping mix-up can occur, but this type of error has happened the last 3 orders from newegg.
Called UPS to let them know that that the package was misrouted, they flagged it said it could be another week before I get the package.
Called newegg to see what they could do, got blown off, only option to wait on UPS to see if it will ever actually arrive, or file a lost package and wait up to 2 weeks for a refund.

I'm done with newegg, any suggestions on sites with better service?

I've had good experience with Mwave, Provantage, Tigerdirect, although Tigerdirect seems to be a little higher priced, and shipping usually quite a bit more.
As for UPS, I've had so many shipping issues with them there about as bad as DHL now. Seems like Fedex or even USPS seems to be more reliable.

it seems like you are blaming newegg for an issue you have with ups. honestly once it is in the carriers hands they have no control over the package. if you are nice to the newegg customer service representatives they are normally willing to do something for you even if they dont have to!

as far as ups is concerned i usually get my packages faster than the expected dates. if you are having issues every time you ship with them then perhaps you should have given them a call to sort out WHY there is an issue.

honestly what did you expect newegg to do? they arent going to send you another package out and just have you return the original unless you want them to BILL you for it and then REFUND it after you send it back. if newegg filled out your information correctly on the labels as you entered it then what more can they do if UPS misroutes it? instead of complaining perhaps you should be thinking WHY does this happen.

i will continue to use ups and newegg. newegg is still the best option. ups is still viable although usps is cheaper.

i never did understand why people who buy pc parts absolutely must have the parts in their hand asap. if you want that then get 1 day shipping. i've shipped via the ground option every single time and i routinely get orders within 2-4 days.

ceh4702

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2011
I have noticed that newegg has a variety of warehouses they ship from. So some parts on my last order with standard shipping (Call me cheap!), would arrive in 2-3 days and then other parts take a full 5 days to arrive. As an example I ordered a computer case, OS, Hard Drive, MB, CPU, DVD, RAM. I live in Illinois and most items were shipped from a warhouse someplace like Arkansas or Kentucky. Then they shipped the processor from some location on the west coast. Takes an extra 3-6 days to receive it due to the weekend. You would think the most common processor, the i-5 2500k, that every low-end game builder was ordering would be in stock in every warehouse. No such luck.

I just think of this as luck of the draw. Then I had to RMA the hard drive, but I did not consider that their fault. The RMA warehouse is only in CALIF, so it took me $14.00 to ship it there ups, and it took 5 days to get there. However, it appeared they took about another $5-$10, off the price and shipped a new one back that did work. I think the US Government should force some of these supposed hard drive companies to insure the hard drives work a little better. I think they knowingly shipped bad hard drives to the USA.

iculus

Honorable
Nov 20, 2013
thanks for posting. I've had absolutely miserable experiences my last two times with newegg.com on shipping and them fraudulently advertising a rebate which they did not honor. Pukey organization that I, too, am done with. Tigerdirect.com or Amazon in the future for me. BTW, I ordered on 11/23 3 day shipping and expected delivery is December 2nd.

TRENDING THREADS