change level from easy to medium?

Hi, I am playing Quake II right now. I started in "easy" and would
like to change to "medium". Can I do that somehow?

Thx!

You can pull down the console and type skill 2.

The bad news is that it won't go into effect until your next game :-(

On 27 Aug 2004 17:08:03 GMT, TheDentist <ds@zz-net.nl> wrote:

>Hi, I am playing Quake II right now. I started in "easy" and would
>like to change to "medium". Can I do that somehow?
>
>Thx!

> <><><><><><><> The Worlds Uncensored News Source <><><><><><><><>

Best,
Tom

My email is tom at clocktech dot com.
The addresses below are those of spammers.
You can ignore them.
They will get what they deserve.
mail@gaec.com travel@compassagencies.com

"Tom Chaudoir" <news@clocktech.com> wrote in message
> You can pull down the console and type skill 2.
>
> The bad news is that it won't go into effect until your next game :-(

I've tried this while playing single player and it doesn't stick. I think
you'll have to restart from the beginning, and just in case, might as well
put it on hard this time. ;-)

Tim

--
"I've got more trophies than Wayne Gretsky and the Pope combined!"
- Homer Simpson

Yes, I tried now... but actually, I don't intend to play quake anew (I
now heard of Doom3 - perhaps that's gonna be my new game :)
Which means, that I have to go thru the rest of the game on "easy",
right?

"TheDentist" <ds@zz-net.nl> wrote in message
> Yes, I tried now... but actually, I don't intend to play quake anew (I
> now heard of Doom3 - perhaps that's gonna be my new game :)
> Which means, that I have to go thru the rest of the game on "easy",
> right?
>

> On Fri, 27 Aug 2004 19:53:11 GMT, Tom Chaudoir <news@clocktech.com>
> wrote:
>
>>You can pull down the console and type skill 2.
>>
>>The bad news is that it won't go into effect until your next game :-(

> <><><><><><><><>

Set it to hard. The practice will help when you get to D3.

I won't ever get to Q3, because I'm gonna buy DOOM3! Or would you
suggest otherwise?

> I won't ever get to Q3, because I'm gonna buy DOOM3! Or would you
> suggest otherwise?

quake3 isn't a single player game like quake2 or doom3. It is a multiplayer
deathmatch/teamplay game. skip it ;o)

--

Margolis
http://web.archive.org/web/20030215212142/http://www.agqx.org/faqs/AGQ2FAQ.htm