Sign in with
Your question

Dvd drive is not showing in computer iam using windows7 64 bit in acer laptop

Last response: in Windows 7
August 6, 2011 9:56:58 AM

iam using windows 7 64 bits in my acer laptop model no ASPIRE 4738Z.my laptop was worked finely about 6 months
but now i cannot find my dvd drive in my computer .when i inserted any dvd or vcd it cannot detect and it cannot read.
please help me.i find through out the net.there is no solution.hope the tom's hardware will help me . I BELEIVE THE TOM'S HARDWARE

thank you
a b D Laptop
a b $ Windows 7
August 6, 2011 10:55:36 AM

Hi

To see if your problem is hardware related or software/registry related see if you can boot up from a Bootable CD or DVD
eg a Windows disk, your Windows recovery disk etc

regards

Mike Barnes
m
l
August 6, 2011 2:46:51 PM

it sounds like the drive has bitten the dust,start looking for a replacement........
m
l
August 7, 2011 3:01:30 AM

I wouldn't say that the drive is defective just yet, this is a common issue that can be solved with a little registry editing.
Click Start> type "regedit" in the search box and hit enter (User Account control may pop up)> on the left pane expand HKEY_Local_Machine>expand System> expand current control set > expand control > expand class > Then find {4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318} (It will be the first 4D in the section. Click on it and under the "Name" column, find and delete any and all that say UpperFilter or LowerFilter. Then click File then exit. Reboot the computer and see if it worked.
m
l
!