karchis

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2007
when i setup my mobo inside the casing,i can turn on,but no display...
when i setup my mobo outside the casing,my pc working well...so..there is a problem with the casing..anybody can tell me,how to setup the mobo inside the casing,without having short circuit??i'm quit stupid about this...huhu...

croc

Distinguished
BANNED
Sep 14, 2005
You didn't mention the make of the case... But a lot of cases do not have the MB standoffs installed. Most cases also come with a manual... I'd recommend that you RTFM!

fate0n3

Distinguished
Oct 15, 2006
When installing the motherboard into the case first make sure that you have installed ALL the motherboard standoffs that are required. Refer to your MB manual to see where exactly you need the standoffs. After that make sure that all the standoffs are installed tightly. Place the motherboard back in and put a screw in for each stand off and screw them in tightly. If you are still having problems after that it might just maybe be a bad board. I built a computer awhile back for a customer had the same issue. I then decided to take apart my computer and use my SS TJ09 case as a tester did the same thing. RMAed the board to Asus and found out the board was defective I can not remember the exact problem they found with it.

Also what case are you using?

Hope that helps some.

karchis

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2007
i'm using aeroengine 2..i've install all the standoff inside the casing..it's a cuprum screw... what's the best way to avoid the short circuit inside the casing?