the associate

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2008
Im having an odd issue with my xp home pc, worked fine yesterday and 10 minutes ago, but when it starts to load up the page where it says windows xp is loading, the screen is very faded as if not even completely loaded yet, and it remains there until i restart or shut the pc off, i cannot enter windows what so ever..

I have not installed anything new, all i did was uninstall battlefield 2, and this issue occured ever since.
ANy ideas?

AMD 64 3300+
asus v9999 6800gt
msi K8N Platinum http://www.madshrimps.be/?action=getarticle&articID=228
1 cd rom
1 dvd rw
wd 80g
antec 430

mrkorb

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2004
I had a very similar experience a few days ago. It got to the loading screen like usual, and then the screen went dark, but instead of the monitor switching resolutions and then loading Windows, it just stayed dark. I hit the reset button and it booted up normally (with the little "Windows did not shut down correctly" boot-up menu). Then today I got a blue screen at almost the same spot in the boot-up routine, and the computer rebooted on it's own and loaded Windows correctly. My only recent change to the system was installing SP3, but that was 2 or 3 weeks ago and had no problems then.

the associate

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2008
Safe mode had the same results, I never got blue screens or any succesfull start ups, I just reformated to deal with it so it's fixed lol

The only weird thing was, on my main pc, the exact same thing happend right after I fixed the other one, system specs completely different

vista 64 home prem.
AMD 6400+
hd4850
GA-MA770 DS3
4gig ram
2 dvd rw
1 wd hd 250g

i restarted and it loaded properly, only the drive is now pooped somehow, performance decreased 60% or wtv, system runs slower then when i accidentally underclocked my cpu to 1.2 ghz

I just bought a new hd to solve the problem which is still mysterious to me, if this happens again, il make this report more serious than im making it now.