adamp1

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2007
I just got a brand new Netgear DG834 hook it up, setup fine. Now it works perfectly normal but then all of a sudden it seems to die, all the network goes down + internet. I need to pull the plug on the router to fix the issue. Now I thought it might be a certain program that is causing it to drop. Sometime it comes back on its own, others it doesn't.

The same thing happened with the DSL-504 before it, it kept dropping.

Does anyone have any idea what I should do? I bought a new router due to the same problem with the old one and iv still got the problem but now im £50 worse off.

evilh

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2007
If you are having the exact same problems with a new router, I would investigate your phone lines, sockets and network card/drivers first.

How are you connecting to the router (wired or less)?

adamp1

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2007
Its connected by wires. Were running tests atm, trying to take a computer down each night, seeing if any are causing it to drop. Tonight, we will disconnect all PC's from it but leave the internet plugged in, see if that does anything.

Does anyone know any obvious reasons it may be dropping?

suvayanr

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2007
My old linksys router kept cutting out whenever I tried to watch something on youtube, but it would also randomly go out every few hours. I would have to unplug and re-insert the cable every time.

TRENDING THREADS