Encrypting File System

Can this facility be added to XP Home or is purchasing XP Pro the only
option?

Thanks.
Joe Steele

This feature cannot be used in XP Home Edition.
You'll have to use a 3:rd party software for encryption of files.

"J&P" <jopam@beeteeinternet.com> skrev i meddelandet
> Can this facility be added to XP Home or is purchasing XP Pro the only
> option?
>
> Thanks.
> Joe Steele

Many thanks for quick reply.
Joe.

"Daniel Roth" <mr.roth@gmx.net> wrote in message
> This feature cannot be used in XP Home Edition.
> You'll have to use a 3:rd party software for encryption of files.
>
> "J&P" <jopam@beeteeinternet.com> skrev i meddelandet
>> Can this facility be added to XP Home or is purchasing XP Pro the only
>> option?
>>
>> Thanks.
>> Joe Steele

Never encrypt anything unless you'd rather lose it forever than let someone
else read it.

--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
http://www.fjsmjs.com

Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE wrote:
> Never encrypt anything unless you'd rather lose it forever than let someone
> else read it.

This sounds like the voice of painful experience....

Bill

Nope. It was obvious to me and I've never encrypted anythng.

--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
http://www.fjsmjs.com

"Bill Martin -- (Remove NOSPAM from address)" <wylie@earthNOSPAMlink.net>
wrote in message news:eI%23jW$VXFHA.712@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
> Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE wrote:
>> Never encrypt anything unless you'd rather lose it forever than let
>> someone else read it.
>>

> This sounds like the voice of painful experience....
>
> Bill

Your advice for caution heeded.

Regards
Joe Steele