P5B-Plus wont boot past post screen after working fine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dunitun

Distinguished
May 20, 2007
Computer has been running fine for weeks.

Today i went into bios and change my boot method because i wanted to boot from a different cd drive, saved settings and it reboot.

when it reboot it is just hanging at asus splash screen and doing nothing.

I reset bios via both battery and jumper methods and it gives me 2 choices, F1 to enter setup, and F2 to use default and continue.

If i use the F1 method i go into setup, and it does the same thing and hangs at splash screen

however if i use the F2 method it boots just fine with default settings and works great!! but if i shutdown or reboot, the very next time it boots i run into same problem.

I have changed RAM, unplugged mouse keyboard and everything else. and cannot seem to figure out what could cause such a problem

I found similar cases on google, most seem to get it fixed by unplugging mouse or something. i have tried and failed

I have tried a new cmos battery, i have unplugged everything, i have tried different RAM.

This problem started on the reboot after i tried changing the timings for my RAM, could this be why? RAM still works fine when i boot it with F2, and new RAM did not fix this problem.

any help?

Thanks in advance!!!

Computer has been running fine for weeks.

Today i went into bios and change my boot method because i wanted to boot from a different cd drive, saved settings and it reboot.

when it reboot it is just hanging at asus splash screen and doing nothing.

I reset bios via both battery and jumper methods and it gives me 2 choices, F1 to enter setup, and F2 to use default and continue.

If i use the F1 method i go into setup, and it does the same thing and hangs at splash screen

however if i use the F2 method it boots just fine with default settings and works great!! but if i shutdown or reboot, the very next time it boots i run into same problem.

I have changed RAM, unplugged mouse keyboard and everything else. and cannot seem to figure out what could cause such a problem

I found similar cases on google, most seem to get it fixed by unplugging mouse or something. i have tried and failed

I have tried a new cmos battery, i have unplugged everything, i have tried different RAM.

This problem started on the reboot after i tried changing the timings for my RAM, could this be why? RAM still works fine when i boot it with F2, and new RAM did not fix this problem.

any help?

Thanks in advance!!!

Be sure to unplug the power supply when you remove the battery and reset the CMOS jumper. Have you thought about re-flashing the BIOS?

Dunitun

Distinguished
May 20, 2007
When resetting i removed power and battery, right now only the video card, is plugged in, and main hard drive, nothing else is plugged in. I tried without any HD at all, tried with different ram etc etc

I dont know what to do lol, i have tried so much lol

aBg_rOnGak

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2006
TBH, usually I only power off the system w/o removing anything when resetting the BIOS (except for much older system where even reset jumper is not available). If everything else fail, why don't you just leave it unplugged for several hours, give it a rest while you yourself do something else? After that, try fix the pc again

punditguy

Distinguished
Mar 21, 2007
Don't know if you've seen this thread or not.

(http://vip.asus.com/forum/view.aspx?id=20070309115539079&board_id=1&model=P5B-Plus+VISTA+Edition&page=1&SLanguage=en-us if the coding doesn't work.)

I'm going to try it the second I get home from work.

Edit: Worked like a charm! Yay, I've got my board back! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.