Lot of programs miss dll's (vista??)

vsdagama

Distinguished
May 12, 2008
Hey,
I'm using vista home premium,
and I have a major problem.

For example: I installed Firefox (newest version)
And every time I start my desktop, and start Firefox there is an error saying: couldn't initialize ... .dll

The same with PowerPoint: ... .dll is missing

The same with visual c++ 2008: ... .dll missing

Like sometimes Firefox works, and sometimes I have to reinstall it and an hour later it's missing again...
The same with visual C++: worked the first time but now I get a missing dll error... (doing exactly the same)

So can anyone please tell me what it deleting all my dll's??
I'm getting crazy reinstalling everything !!

Pics of my AVG virus scan:

vsdagama

Distinguished
May 12, 2008
with powerpoint it was the msv080.dll or something, I added it back,
But with visual basic, 1 time I couldn't do certain actions (it said to reinstall), and the other day it worked without any errors :S, and right now there is a .dll missing -> can't start up...
and with firefox it says: cant initialize ... .ini or something like that
So I reinstalled firefox like 30 times :S,
I deleted all my virus scanners yesterday, because maybe one could delete random dlls as viruses?? so now I don't have any virus scanner left :p

I'll redownload AVG8? and adaware? and scan for viruses??

pat mcgroin

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2007
You are not being all that helpful or something by saying that it could be this or that something. Like you know.
First stop downloading things and changing things until your system becomes stabil for a day or two and then explain EXACTLY WHAT IS GOING ON
Only then can you hope to find some help or not or something like that.
Saavy?

vsdagama

Distinguished
May 12, 2008

What is exactly going on:
(almost) Every program I install and run (mozilla firefox, powerpoint, visual c++, ...) gets errors when I run them because xxx.dll missing, please reinstall this application. or couldn't initialize xxx.ini and stuff like that
When I reinstall firefox for example, it works again without any problems, but when I open firefox again after several houres of not using it, the error could appear again and I have to reinstall it again!!
Same with all other programs...

vsdagama

Distinguished
May 12, 2008

why could that be because of bad RAM??
Because I do have some low quality ram, 3Gb...