Status
Not open for further replies.

Gr8Timz

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2008
Help with MEMORY… I have the following--MOBO Gigabyte EP45-DS3R--PROCESSOR Intel E8400 Core2Duo--MEMORY Mushkin XP2-6400 Ascent 4GB--Vista 64 My computer runs nearly flawlessly with 1 2GB RAM installed…as soon as I load the second RAM of 2GB the computer has numerous problems such as the BSD, numerous restarts, sudden failures to boot up, etc……I have tried a few times to verify and same every time…..2 GB good 4 GB bad…….
I have 2 questions. 1 If I add 4 more GB of RAM will that fix problem? 2 Can anyone point me towards the previous discussions in the forums….I am having trouble finding data…..Thank you in advance.

Solution
Little confused here - you have 2 GB sticks and the system is stable with 1 of them but not with 2, correct?

Adding more won't help. Make sure the ram is getting correct voltage in BIOS for a start.

Is this RAM tested good?
Try each stick individually, test them with a memory diagnostic program, if they both work well by themselves, go to Mushkins website and get the spec timings for the modules, including as notherdude said the correct voltage, and set those manually.

Status
Not open for further replies.