Download .EXE Files

a b 8 Security
May 20, 2005 12:45:38 PM

Is there a security setting which disallows the downloading of *.exe files?
I'm having problems downloading *.exe files but *.zip files come through
with no problem. This occurs using both MSIE and FireFox.

More about : download exe files

Anonymous
a b 8 Security
May 20, 2005 1:12:00 PM

"mad NATer" <Mr.X@nospam.com> wrote in message
news:D Tkje.2601$lQ3.1616@bignews5.bellsouth.net...
> Is there a security setting which disallows the downloading of *.exe
> files? I'm having problems downloading *.exe files but *.zip files come
> through with no problem. This occurs using both MSIE and FireFox.

Supplemental info: Windows Firewall is OFF. I know that my Outlook 2000
blocks *.exe files. Does this OL setting somehow also affect browser
downloading of *.exe files? The OL fix is a registry hack and seems
specific to OL. I don't think this is related to browser downloading. Any
suggestions? Is there another security setting that blocks *.exe downloads
through a browser? Thanks.
May 20, 2005 6:27:48 PM

> "mad NATer" <Mr.X@nospam.com> wrote in message
> news:D Tkje.2601$lQ3.1616@bignews5.bellsouth.net...
>> Is there a security setting which disallows the downloading of *.exe
>> files? I'm having problems downloading *.exe files but *.zip files come
>> through with no problem. This occurs using both MSIE and FireFox.
>
> Supplemental info: Windows Firewall is OFF. I know that my Outlook 2000
> blocks *.exe files. Does this OL setting somehow also affect browser
> downloading of *.exe files? The OL fix is a registry hack and seems
> specific to OL. I don't think this is related to browser downloading. Any
> suggestions? Is there another security setting that blocks *.exe
> downloads through a browser? Thanks.

Probably not the way to fix that problem but should work. I've used it
before for Outlook and received the files. Should also work for an IE
download.

Just rename the file when it asks you where you want to save it. Rename it
to whatever with a .jpg extension. Once you have downloaded it just change
the name back to the .exe
--
Tip
www.gotips.net