Download .EXE Files

Is there a security setting which disallows the downloading of *.exe files?
I'm having problems downloading *.exe files but *.zip files come through
with no problem. This occurs using both MSIE and FireFox.
2 answers Last reply
More about download files

    "mad NATer" <Mr.X@nospam.com> wrote in message
    > Is there a security setting which disallows the downloading of *.exe
    > files? I'm having problems downloading *.exe files but *.zip files come
    > through with no problem. This occurs using both MSIE and FireFox.

    Supplemental info: Windows Firewall is OFF. I know that my Outlook 2000
    blocks *.exe files. Does this OL setting somehow also affect browser
    downloading of *.exe files? The OL fix is a registry hack and seems
    specific to OL. I don't think this is related to browser downloading. Any
    suggestions? Is there another security setting that blocks *.exe downloads
    through a browser? Thanks.

    > "mad NATer" <Mr.X@nospam.com> wrote in message
    >> Is there a security setting which disallows the downloading of *.exe
    >> files? I'm having problems downloading *.exe files but *.zip files come
    >> through with no problem. This occurs using both MSIE and FireFox.
    >
    > Supplemental info: Windows Firewall is OFF. I know that my Outlook 2000
    > blocks *.exe files. Does this OL setting somehow also affect browser
    > downloading of *.exe files? The OL fix is a registry hack and seems
    > specific to OL. I don't think this is related to browser downloading. Any
    > suggestions? Is there another security setting that blocks *.exe
    > downloads through a browser? Thanks.

    Probably not the way to fix that problem but should work. I've used it
    before for Outlook and received the files. Should also work for an IE
    download.

    Just rename the file when it asks you where you want to save it. Rename it
    to whatever with a .jpg extension. Once you have downloaded it just change
    the name back to the .exe
    --
    Tip
    www.gotips.net