Sizing internet windows

Once I reduce the size of an internet window, each time I go to it again it
comes up with the reduced size. Maximizing it doesn't work. How can I make
it default once again to a full size page? Thanks.

Windows remembers the size of the last Normal IE window closed.
Open such a link.
Don't use the maximize button.
Stretch the edges/corners so that the window fills the screen.
Close all other IE windows.
Close the stretched window.

If that doesn't do it try the REG file here:
http://windowsxp.mvps.org/IEFAQ.htm#IEMax

--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
http://www.fjsmjs.com

"JudyO" <JudyO@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Once I reduce the size of an internet window, each time I go to it again
> it
> comes up with the reduced size. Maximizing it doesn't work. How can I
> make
> it default once again to a full size page? Thanks.

"JudyO" <JudyO@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Once I reduce the size of an internet window, each time I go to it again
it
> comes up with the reduced size. Maximizing it doesn't work. How can I
make
> it default once again to a full size page? Thanks.

It normally remembers the size it was when you close the window so....

Open a new window and Maximise it. Close the window with X and next time it
should open the same way. If not somethings wrong.

john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003

When following CWatters steps remeber to first close ALL IE windows then ...

> Open a new window and Maximise it. Close the window with X and next time
> it
> should open the same way. If not somethings wrong.

Alan

Try maximizing manually by making the window fit the screen by dragging it
to the edges that does the trick

"Alan" wrote:
> Try maximizing manually by making the window fit the screen by
> dragging it
> to the edges that does the trick
>

> "JudyO" <JudyO@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Once I reduce the size of an internet window, each time I go
> to it again
> > it
> > comes up with the reduced size. Maximizing it doesn't work.
> How can I
> > make
> > it default once again to a full size page? Thanks.

franksaunders and Alan make an important distinction: it’s important
to manually resize the IE window by dragging. I had a similar problem
recently, and just clicking on Maximize did not solve it, whereas
manual resizing did. On other occasions, although not this recent
one, I have used another trick I picked up on another forum: closing
the IE window while pressing CTRL. This trick did not work with the
recent problem, perhaps because the IE window was being opening from a
hyperlink in an email message.

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Basics-Sizing-internet-windows-ftopict375239.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1715303

TRENDING THREADS