Sign in with
Your question
Solved

HIS Radeon HD 4670 Linux Compatibilty

Last response: in Linux/Free BSD
October 11, 2011 7:17:49 AM

I know this card should, in general be compatible with Linux but I would like to get an official confirmation.

the card is HIS Radeon HD 4670 Model: H467QR1GH

also the manual for the 4300 series claims that crossfire should work with just one card and the Mobo GPU. I would like to get a conformation on weather that applies to this specific card as I have a Hybrid Crossfire enabled Mobo.

thank you very much

Best solution

a b 5 Linux
October 11, 2011 11:48:10 AM

The HD 4670 will work fine with Linux.

Hybrid Crossfire is pretty pointless.

It's like pairing an anoxeric teenager and a bodybuilder, dividing a lifting task equally between the two and expecting them to finish at roughly the same time. (A dumbed down explainations of how Crossfire works)
October 12, 2011 9:42:59 AM

thank you for the conformation.

i have read that crossfire can double or tripple a GPU but maybe not just GPU Mobo combo.
however the way you put it sounds almost like it would fight with each other, maybe one would actually be conter productive to the other. but as far as it being weak I think I know what you mean.

dummed down?....but free satin tote, right? :ange: 

thanks much
m
l
Related resources
October 16, 2011 3:57:26 AM

well my iceQ card is running just as hot as my old 8800GT. different system, different card, same old "burning electronics" smell. so far however it is compatible with Linux Mint and Ubuntu. I am using live DVD's until I can get my HDD installed. I have been unable to get 3D drivers installed for the card to test it's gaming capabilities with. when I use admin> additional drivers all I get is "no proprietary drivers are in use on this system"

any solutions or suggestions are greatly appreciated, thanks
m
l
October 16, 2011 10:51:48 AM

thank you very much for the links, I was looking for that.

however when i start catalyst control i get error:

There was a problem initializing Catalyst Control Center Linux edition. It could be caused by the following.

No AMD graphics driver is installed, or the AMD driver is not functioning properly.
Please install the AMD driver appropriate for you AMD hardware, or configure using aticonfig.

thanks much
m
l
a b 5 Linux
October 17, 2011 8:40:59 AM

Which link did you use and which type of linux (x86 or x86_64) do you use?
m
l
October 18, 2011 1:13:08 AM

Linux Mint 11 64bit. I used the 64bit link.
m
l
a b 5 Linux
October 18, 2011 4:01:13 AM

Yeh, the 64bit drivers are a little iffy.

With Linux it's probably easier to go with 32bit for the time being.

The FOSS drivers are excellent with Linux Mint 11. At least in the 32bit version that I use.
m
l
November 10, 2011 7:20:55 AM

Best answer selected by erly_Cuylers.
m
l
!