Error: Unkown filesystem. Bootup

treosforever

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2011
I recently installed Ubuntu onto my gateway lx6810 (8 gigs of ram, intel quadcore processor, 600 gigs of hard-drive space, windows 7).
Unfortunately when i tried booting up from my harddrive to linux i got an error that wouldn't let me boot up linux (i forgot the error code).
I then booted up windows 7 and opened my partition manager and formatted the linux drive (i decided I didn't want ubuntu any longer, been getting too many problems), and then resized my main partition to the unallocated space, thus mkaing it the original space on the hard drive.
When I restarted my computer to perform these operations I get the following message
"ErrorL unkown filesystem.
grub rescue>".
I can't boot up in windows 7 any longer, It keeps redirecting me to this screen.
Any ideas? Appreciate the help. Thanks

Solution
Use your Windows 7 DVD to do a "repair install". You have overwritten your Windows boot loader with Grub (the Linux boot loader) and have now destroyed your Grub configuration. The repair install will reinstall the Windows boot loader.
Use your Windows 7 DVD to do a "repair install". You have overwritten your Windows boot loader with Grub (the Linux boot loader) and have now destroyed your Grub configuration. The repair install will reinstall the Windows boot loader.

Solution