Application Configuration

Can somebody please explain what this message means, and suggest what action needs to be taken in order to get the selected program to work.

>> C:\program files\selectedprogram.exe

>> This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect.
>> Reinstalling the application may ([#ff2a00]NOT WILL
) fix this problem.[/#0e00f0]
7 answers Last reply
More about application configuration
  1. Never heard of that problem. Did you install it? Could be malware. Run a full antivirus scan. Highly recommend:

http://www.freedrweb.com/cureit/
  2. I do not know where it came from.
    Unable to use my Norton 360 because of the problem.
  3. I tried downloading new copies of failed applications, but none of them would unzip and run because of the problem.
  4. Could it be because I had to reinstall XP at SP1, and the failed applications last ran when XP was at SP3?
  5. Unable to get to windows update to go back up to SP3.
    Tried Microsoft site, but could not find SP3 upgrade there, is there another download site I could try?
  6. fistral13 said:
    I do not know where it came from.
    Unable to use my Norton 360 because of the problem.

1st of all I would get rid of Norton. 2nd if you can't run antimalware scan from the HDD you should run it from a bootable CD such as UBCD4WIN. This is the preferred method anyways since you will only be scanning the HDD not running anything off of it.
  7. You can download anything from another pc. Or at your friend's/office's. If it's a new install, might as well start fresh.
Ask a new question

Read More

Configuration Windows XP