Internal USB connection

eyeofra

Distinguished
May 20, 2007
Hi

I want to connect the case USB to the mainboard, but I am a little confused, because on my mainboard i have 9 pins, and i only have 4 wires from my case.
The connectors on my mainboard are:
USB+5V
USB+5V
USB_P5-
USB_P6-
USB_P5+
USB_P6+
GND
GND
NC
And the connectors from my case are:
GND1 - (Black wire)
DATA +1 (Green wire)
VCC1 (Red wire)
DATA -1 (white wire)

Can one of you please help me finding out how to connect the USB.

nh484000

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2006
The USB on the case only uses 4 of those pins. If you have your manual for your motherboard that will show you how to do it the best.

This is the standard colors
Standard USB Cable Wiring Color Code

5V / Red

D+ / Green

D - / White

Ground / Black

Flying-Q

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2006
Hi

I want to connect the case USB to the mainboard, but I am a little confused, because on my mainboard i have 9 pins, and i only have 4 wires from my case.
The connectors on my mainboard are:
USB+5V
USB+5V
USB_P5-
USB_P6-
USB_P5+
USB_P6+
GND
GND
NC
And the connectors from my case are:
GND1 - (Black wire)
DATA +1 (Green wire)
VCC1 (Red wire)
DATA -1 (white wire)

Can one of you please help me finding out how to connect the USB.

On your motherboard you have two USB ports in one block - from the info given they are designated USB5 and USB6. Pick one of them (eg USB5). Your M/B guide will tell you which of the USB+5V pins refers to which port and likewise which GND pin refers to which port. My understanding is that all the pins for one port are in line and all the pins for the other port are in the line next to it. VCC1(red) connects to USB+5V, DATA+1(green) connects to USB_P5+ and DATA-1(white) connects to USB_P5-, GND(black) is obvious. You will find the NC is a pin on its own on the end of the block and is used for lining up a twin USB cable connector onto the block. Hope that clarifies things.

Q