mokl

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2008
I just recently reformatted my hard drive containing windows vista and re-installed it and i want to move the contents of a folder on another drive onto a NAS server. i changed the owner and permissions on the folder i want to copy but vista still tells me that access is denied and that i need permission to perform the action. I'm the only account on this machine as of now and i don't quite understand why this is happening... especially since i've moved most of the contents from the folder to my NAS without a hitch except for this last little bit. this happens when i try to move files from this specific folder to another on C:.

mokl

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2008

as far as i can tell, no. its my music library. funny enough, its not letting me copy things to my NAS that i pirated... >,> but even then, its just some mp3s in some folders. nothing special or unique about them aside from this permission crap.

sreedhav

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2008
My hairs are turning grey trying to figure out this Administrator rights and previliges !Just visit the update website of microsoft and try to download the recent updates and the site tells you who's the real boss of the vista pc.Thank God,no hassles with the automatic update option.I(think)am the sole operator of this pc with password protection to boot.Any ideas(preferably better than Microsoft's)?

G

I have had all of these problems. But I don't see anyone answering them. I also had a problem with Adobe Writer where I try to print a Doc to Adobe and save it, Vista come back and said I couldn't save it to C or D drive. I'm Not allowed and I am the Adimin. What's Up!