Windows 7 installation loop at bootup

G

My motherboard is a:
Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3H Intel Z68 PCI-Express Motherboard

Hello, I bought a new pc from aria.co.uk, it came in good nic and works fine. I booted up the pc, noticing a very strange lack of any motherboard logos or bios buttons, and proceeded to insatll windows 7. I chose the 64 bit version, I got to the part where it says it is going to restart windows in 5,4,3 etc. It restarted, only for the windows installation to start back at the very first setup screen.

I looked at the partitions in custom install and it said that both partitions had installed correctly, my problem was getting to the oncluding install option. I shut down the pc, and took out the windows disc and restarted it. Again no bios options, just a black screen saying "loading operating system" and then "windows did not start correctly" , it took about 20 seconds for the screen to change and then immediately restarted itself taking another 20 seconds?!.

It loaded the windows files and I was releived to get to the final setup screen. After finishing the installation it told me it was going to restart windows, which it did, only for it to reset itself about 3 times, again saying "loading operating system"..... I had a play around with pc, altering the resoluton and stuff, and shut it down for about 5 minutes.

When I turned it on it told me "windows did not start correctly" and took me system repair, in which it found a problem and couldn't fix it. The hardware was fine, but it said "a patch stopped the system from starting". It is very hit and miss and sometimes starts normally and sometimes takes me directly into system repair. I managed to get into the bios once by pressing delete rapidly at boot up, and hardrive was selected as priority, so that couldn't be the problem involving windows. Please help, the computer cost me a lot of money, I need it working soon!

khelben1979

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2008
My motherboard is a:
Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3H Intel Z68 PCI-Express Motherboard

Hello, I bought a new pc from aria.co.uk, it came in good nic and works fine. I booted up the pc, noticing a very strange lack of any motherboard logos or bios buttons, and proceeded to insatll windows 7. I chose the 64 bit version, I got to the part where it says it is going to restart windows in 5,4,3 etc. It restarted, only for the windows installation to start back at the very first setup screen.

I looked at the partitions in custom install and it said that both partitions had installed correctly, my problem was getting to the oncluding install option. I shut down the pc, and took out the windows disc and restarted it. Again no bios options, just a black screen saying "loading operating system" and then "windows did not start correctly" , it took about 20 seconds for the screen to change and then immediately restarted itself taking another 20 seconds?!.

It loaded the windows files and I was releived to get to the final setup screen. After finishing the installation it told me it was going to restart windows, which it did, only for it to reset itself about 3 times, again saying "loading operating system"..... I had a play around with pc, altering the resoluton and stuff, and shut it down for about 5 minutes.

When I turned it on it told me "windows did not start correctly" and took me system repair, in which it found a problem and couldn't fix it. The hardware was fine, but it said "a patch stopped the system from starting". It is very hit and miss and sometimes starts normally and sometimes takes me directly into system repair. I managed to get into the bios once by pressing delete rapidly at boot up, and hardrive was selected as priority, so that couldn't be the problem involving windows. Please help, the computer cost me a lot of money, I need it working soon!

Since you don't tell much about what's in that pc, graphic card, processor, ram memory etc etc.. it's hard to know what's wrong at this point. Maybe you need to install the 32 bit version of Windows 7 instead? And if that does not work, then it could be that Windows 7 does not support your motherboard, and that's really a problem if that's true.

Have you ever tried to access your BIOS to look how things looks like in there? Because even if the motherboard is new, it can still be faulty, or that the settings in your BIOS is not good for your motherboard. At this point it can be many things. Help us exclude what could be wrong by giving us more information about your pc hardware.

Also, did you choose to build up your PC yourself by choosing motherboard, amount of RAM, type of CPU cooler etc etc... That can also be a problem.