I Know this Sounds Daft, but....

Just did a format, and my Q2 folder was about the only thing I forget to
put in my other partition (dozy bastard), so reinstalling everything
etc.

Now, its been a while since I've done this so, when you install CTF, do
put it as its own folder within q2 or does it go in the baseq2 folder?
(God that sounds bad, feel free to flame me at will, I deserve it...)

--
Regards,

James Christie

"Luck is my middle name," he said, indistinctly.
"Mind you, my first name is Bad."

CTF should go in the ctf folder under Quake2. I don't remember if you have
control of the desination path when you install it or not. The folder
should contain a couple of .cfg files, pak0.pak, ctf2.ico, gamex86.dll and a
readme.txt.

G.

"James Christie" <james@christie.demon.co.uk> wrote in message
> Just did a format, and my Q2 folder was about the only thing I forget to
> put in my other partition (dozy bastard), so reinstalling everything etc.
>
> Now, its been a while since I've done this so, when you install CTF, do
> put it as its own folder within q2 or does it go in the baseq2 folder?
> (God that sounds bad, feel free to flame me at will, I deserve it...)
>
> --
> Regards,
>
> James Christie
>
> "Luck is my middle name," he said, indistinctly.
> "Mind you, my first name is Bad."

The ctf mod was included with one of the q2 updates.

In message <seednQ_1SOaRWdDcRVn-sg@comcast.com>, George M. Reagan
<georgeunderscorereagan@hellmail.com> writes
>CTF should go in the ctf folder under Quake2. I don't remember if you have
>control of the desination path when you install it or not. The folder
>should contain a couple of .cfg files, pak0.pak, ctf2.ico, gamex86.dll and a
>readme.txt.
>

>G.
>
>"James Christie" <james@christie.demon.co.uk> wrote in message
>> Just did a format, and my Q2 folder was about the only thing I forget to
>> put in my other partition (dozy bastard), so reinstalling everything etc.
>>
>> Now, its been a while since I've done this so, when you install CTF, do
>> put it as its own folder within q2 or does it go in the baseq2 folder?
>> (God that sounds bad, feel free to flame me at will, I deserve it...)
>>
>> --
>> Regards,
>>
>> James Christie
>>
>> "Luck is my middle name," he said, indistinctly.
>> "Mind you, my first name is Bad."

Cheers George, done that but for some reason I can't find q2ctf1-8
(alright I know they're old but I like to play them from time to time.
Should be in pak1.pak, right?
--
Regards,

James Christie

"Luck is my middle name," he said, indistinctly.
"Mind you, my first name is Bad."

The maps are in the pak0.pak in the ctf folder.

> In message <seednQ_1SOaRWdDcRVn-sg@comcast.com>, George M. Reagan
> <georgeunderscorereagan@hellmail.com> writes
>>CTF should go in the ctf folder under Quake2. I don't remember if you
>>have
>>control of the desination path when you install it or not. The folder
>>should contain a couple of .cfg files, pak0.pak, ctf2.ico, gamex86.dll and
>>readme.txt.
>>

>>G.
>>
>>"James Christie" <james@christie.demon.co.uk> wrote in message
>>> Just did a format, and my Q2 folder was about the only thing I forget to
>>> put in my other partition (dozy bastard), so reinstalling everything
>>> etc.
>>>
>>> Now, its been a while since I've done this so, when you install CTF, do
>>> put it as its own folder within q2 or does it go in the baseq2 folder?
>>> (God that sounds bad, feel free to flame me at will, I deserve it...)
>>>
>>> --
>>> Regards,
>>>
>>> James Christie
>>>
>>> "Luck is my middle name," he said, indistinctly.
>>> "Mind you, my first name is Bad."
>>

> Cheers George, done that but for some reason I can't find q2ctf1-8
> (alright I know they're old but I like to play them from time to time.
> Should be in pak1.pak, right?
> --
> Regards,
>
> James Christie
>
> "Luck is my middle name," he said, indistinctly.
> "Mind you, my first name is Bad."

You can download the full ctf patch here:

ftp://65.30.181.223/quake2/scrapple/Patches/

"George M. Reagan" <georgeunderscorereagan@hellmail.com> wrote in message
> You can download the full ctf patch here:
>
> ftp://65.30.181.223/quake2/scrapple/Patches/
>
> G.

after that, you need the 1.5patch from threewave, the creators of q2 ctf ;o)
http://www.threewave.com/quake2/q2files.html

--

Margolis
http://web.archive.org/web/20030215212142/http://www.agqx.org/faqs/AGQ2FAQ.htm

q2-3.20-x86-full-ctf.exe - contains the original ctf mod with maps 1-5.
q2ctf150upgrade.zip - contains the 1.50 update including maps 6-8. This is
now on the server.

In message <10l0924on313d94@corp.supernews.com>, Margolis
<someone@somewhere.org> writes
>"George M. Reagan" <georgeunderscorereagan@hellmail.com> wrote in message
>> You can download the full ctf patch here:
>>
>> ftp://65.30.181.223/quake2/scrapple/Patches/
>>
>> G.
>>

>after that, you need the 1.5patch from threewave, the creators of q2 ctf ;o)
>http://www.threewave.com/quake2/q2files.html

Yeah have put all that on, and have q2ctf6-8 but not the first five.
Hmm....
Will try it again, thanks for the replies everyone.
--
Regards,

James Christie

"Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time."

In message <maidnQCHL7PAP83cRVn-pw@comcast.com>, George M. Reagan
<georgeunderscorereagan@hellmail.com> writes
>q2-3.20-x86-full-ctf.exe - contains the original ctf mod with maps 1-5.
>q2ctf150upgrade.zip - contains the 1.50 update including maps 6-8. This is
>now on the server.
>ftp://65.30.181.223/quake2/scrapple/Patches/
>
>G.
>

>"James Christie" <james@christie.demon.co.uk> wrote in message
>> Just did a format, and my Q2 folder was about the only thing I forget to
>> put in my other partition (dozy bastard), so reinstalling everything etc.
>>
>> Now, its been a while since I've done this so, when you install CTF, do
>> put it as its own folder within q2 or does it go in the baseq2 folder?
>> (God that sounds bad, feel free to flame me at will, I deserve it...)
>>
>> --
>> Regards,
>>
>> James Christie
>>
>> "Luck is my middle name," he said, indistinctly.
>> "Mind you, my first name is Bad."

Ta everyone, got it sorted, even managed to get the bots sorted. One
more question, anyone know the commands for the bots to invade the enemy
base, defend the flag etc? Tried planetquake but without success.
--
Regards,

James Christie

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very
angry and been widely regarded as a bad move."
- Douglas Adams

In message <2roqqqF1bgtt0U1@uni-berlin.de>, EvilBill
<evilbill25@freeuk.com> writes
>What! Why is James Christie <james@christie.demon.co.uk> here?? All
>these interruptions are enough to make one insane!!
>>
>> Ta everyone, got it sorted, even managed to get the bots sorted. One
>> more question, anyone know the commands for the bots to invade the
>> enemy base, defend the flag etc? Tried planetquake but without
>> success.
>
>For Eraser bots, bind keys to 'rushbase' and 'defendbase' to get them to
>invade the enemy base and defend yours.

Thanks.
--
Regards,

James Christie

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very
angry and been widely regarded as a bad move."
- Douglas Adams

Latest posts