CAB file for different platforms

August 18, 2005 8:39:40 PM

Hi,

I have two different .exe files for two different platforms: WM2003 and
"naked" Windows CE 4.2.
How to make .inf file for cabwizard to prevent wm2003 exe to be installed on
WCE4.2 and vice versa?

Regards,

MietasM

More about : cab file platforms

Anonymous
August 20, 2005 6:14:08 PM

On Thu, 18 Aug 2005 16:39:40 +0200, "MietasM" <mietkowski@poczta.fm>
wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I have two different .exe files for two different platforms: WM2003 and
>"naked" Windows CE 4.2.
>How to make .inf file for cabwizard to prevent wm2003 exe to be installed on
>WCE4.2 and vice versa?

I was faced with the same problem a few months ago. Preventing
installation on Pocket PCs is pretty easy; see the Unsupported
Platforms line for inf files. But I couldn't find any way to limit
installation _to_ Pocket PC. So I wrote my own installer that
chooses, copies, and "runs" the appropriate CAB file. And now I leave
the Unsupported Platforms line out. Sorry, but I can't share code.

For more info, see a 7 February 2005 thread called "how can i tell
which os platform a ce device is using" in
microsoft.public.pocketpc.developer.

>Regards,
>
>MietasM

Robert E. Zaret, eMVP
PenFact, Inc.
500 Harrison Ave., Suite 3R
Boston, MA 02118
www.penfact.com
Anonymous
August 22, 2005 2:37:02 PM

Thanks. I'll try to fix it with my own installer.

Regards,
M.

Uzytkownik <r_z_aret@pen_fact.com> napisal w wiadomosci

!