Locking and unlocking the computer

May 21, 2005 11:48:01 AM

I can't for the life of me figure out how to turn this function off!! Every
15 minutes or so, if left idle, the computer goes to this screen that says
"Unlock Compter" and below it says "This computer is in use and has been
locked"
How in the world can I turn this function off?!? It is annoying me to no
end! :)

Thanks
Anonymous
May 21, 2005 1:02:49 PM

sappy wrote:
> I can't for the life of me figure out how to turn this function off!! Every
> 15 minutes or so, if left idle, the computer goes to this screen that says
> "Unlock Compter" and below it says "This computer is in use and has been
> locked"
> How in the world can I turn this function off?!? It is annoying me to no
> end! :)
>
> Thanks

Right-click the Desktop > Properties > Screen Saver, and deselect "On
resume, password protect." Or you could set a different time interval,
or turn off the feature entirely.

For future reference, clicking Start > Help and Support, and typing
"password" or "unlock" in the search field would have given you this
answer in seconds.

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

both at once. - RAH
Anonymous
May 21, 2005 8:55:50 PM

Right-click on your desktop and select Settings (properties) -> Screensaver.
Uncheck "Require password to return"
Don't know the exact words used in the English version, since I use a
swedish version of XP..

--
Daniel Roth

"sappy" <sappy@discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i meddelandet
>I can't for the life of me figure out how to turn this function off!!
>Every
> 15 minutes or so, if left idle, the computer goes to this screen that says
> "Unlock Compter" and below it says "This computer is in use and has been
> locked"
> How in the world can I turn this function off?!? It is annoying me to no
> end! :)
>
> Thanks
Related resources
May 21, 2005 9:22:02 PM

Well, I like the way you guys are thinking but, been there. The screensaver
is not turned on and the box for the password is not checked. Go figure. lol
Any other suggestions out there??

Sappy

"Daniel Roth" wrote:

> Right-click on your desktop and select Settings (properties) -> Screensaver.
> Uncheck "Require password to return"
> Don't know the exact words used in the English version, since I use a
> swedish version of XP..
>
> --
> Daniel Roth
>
> "sappy" <sappy@discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i meddelandet
> >I can't for the life of me figure out how to turn this function off!!
> >Every
> > 15 minutes or so, if left idle, the computer goes to this screen that says
> > "Unlock Compter" and below it says "This computer is in use and has been
> > locked"
> > How in the world can I turn this function off?!? It is annoying me to no
> > end! :)
> >
> > Thanks

February 20, 2009 11:45:51 PM

I've just started to use this new computer and I see the "Lock" on it. I don't want to use it without knowing what I am doing. So please tell me how it works.
February 21, 2009 9:09:01 AM

Change screensaver wating minute to longer and see
!