Sign in with
Your question

O/C accurate data

Last response: in Overclocking
May 21, 2007 3:14:04 AM

is o/c accurate to move data from/to cpu and memory. for exaample, doing math calculation? TIA :lol: 

Bill

More about : accurate data

May 21, 2007 10:13:21 AM

Quote:
is o/c accurate to move data from/to cpu and memory. for exaample, doing math calculation? TIA :lol: 

Bill
Yes, it is... as long as your CPU and RAM are running stably, and your HHD is not running out of spec. Most motherboards now allow you to lock the PCI/AGP/PCIe buses, so that(when O/Cing) they don't run faster than they're meant to. If your CPU or RAM are on the verge of instability(from too high OC, and/or not enough voltage), they can corrupt data. Also, if the HDD is running too fast(not sure what the limit is..but i used to get errors@ over ~37.5MHz PCI bus speed..33.33MHz is spec.). it will corrupt data as well. Hope i didn't make that sound more complicated than it is. :wink: GL :) 
May 21, 2007 11:20:58 PM

Bill[/quote]Yes, it is... as long as your CPU and RAM are running stably, and your HHD is not running out of spec. Most motherboards now allow you to lock the PCI/AGP/PCIe buses, so that(when O/Cing) they don't run faster than they're meant to. If your CPU or RAM are on the verge of instability(from too high OC, and/or not enough voltage), they can corrupt data. Also, if the HDD is running too fast(not sure what the limit is..but i used to get errors@ over ~37.5MHz PCI bus speed..33.33MHz is spec.). it will corrupt data as well. Hope i didn't make that sound more complicated than it is. :wink: GL :) [/quote]

Bonjour:
Understand a lot except ....what is HDD?(hard disk drive ????) meaning OV for HDD is possiable?? News to me.
I am going to OC a moderate amount just above standard cooling devices....not going to the super water cooled systems....therefore, I am well within the stable range of OV ....
I visit Quebec City monthly, Love the place: Merci 8)
May 22, 2007 10:38:53 AM

Quote:

Bonjour:
Understand a lot except ....what is HDD?(hard disk drive ????) meaning OV for HDD is possiable?? News to me.
I am going to OC a moderate amount just above standard cooling devices....not going to the super water cooled systems....therefore, I am well within the stable range of OV ....
I visit Quebec City monthly, Love the place: Merci 8)
Yes. The bus that the hard-drive runs on can be taken out of spec(more-so on older motherboard)....so in a sense it is overclocking the hard-drive(but not in a better performance way), AGP-video card, and anything else in a PCI slot. When my PCI bus got much over 40MHz, my NIC would start acting up, and i would have troubles getting online....or keeping my connection. GL :) 
!