I have G12 Pentosin & UV Water Dye, how much can I add in? S

crewxp

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2006
Hey, I've been running a distilled water setup for a while. I have a stacker t01 setup, and water cooling going throughout my cpu and video card. I found my G12 Pentosin bottle (4oz) still full, and a Alphacool UV Water Dye. And I wanted to add it in my cooling setup. I'm just running distilled water now. I want to mainly just get the UV-effect of my water cooling tubes.

I have UV lights already setup.

Anyways, my question is... can I mix the Dye and the Pentosin to get a greater UV effect?

And how much can I add? The last time I added G12, I couldn't even see the tubes with the UV lights on. What's the max? Can I add the whole G12 bottle?

Thanks a lot! :)

ouch1

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2006
ok from what I remember when I madeup my g12 coolant mixture it is supposed to be a 9 to 1 mixture. That is for 1 part of g12 you should mix 9 parts distilled water. And for the Dye it is supposed to be 50ml dye to 1L coolant. That should work quite well for you, and give you a decent glow from the tubing.

Alphacool mixture
Petra's G12 page

-ouch1

crewxp

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2006
I'm not exactly sure how much water is in my case now... Just that it's a stacker setup. Whatever amount of tubing usually fits into a stacker.

So if I have a 9oz bottle of pentosin, how much of the bottle do you think i should pour into the resevoir? Half the bottle? The whole thing?

And how about the dye? The link you gave me was the exact product I have. Half the bottle for that okay? Or hmm..

-Sorry about this :)

crewxp

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2006
I have one. I just don't know how much would be too much.

Or if I'm able to mix the dye and the G12.

I can only add it in terms of bottle measurement (half a bottle, etc).

ouch1

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2006
You can mix the Dye and the G12 in the same system. Just remember that the dye may effect the cooling efficiency of the G12/distilled water mixture. Not much but it may.

Your best bet would be to get a large container of distilled water (2 least 2 liters) and an empty bottle large enough to hold at least 1 liter of liquid. Then using a measuring cup pour in enough distill water to equal 9 times the amount of G12 you have. then add the dye to the mixture. Use how ever much dye you need to get the effect you are looking for. Then completely empty and flush your rig and then fill it with the mix you created. Remember to burp your system and leave some room if you need to add more dye.

-ouch1