Sign in with
Your question

Windows XP Logon password retrievial...

Last response: in Windows XP
October 20, 2008 7:29:56 AM

I am looking desperately for a program/bootdisk that will reset/retrieve an XP logon password on a FAT32 system. All the ones I've seen so far can only handle NTFS. I'm doing this for a friend and I'm completely lost for a tool that will do it for VFAT machines...

Any help would be gratefully recieved
October 20, 2008 1:14:51 PM

Tried this one already and it won't detect the disk... I know the hardware works as it gets as far as the logon screen.
Related resources
October 20, 2008 1:21:06 PM

can you boot into safe mode and get in the admin account? Most pre-configured machines don't have a password on the admin account.

Other than that, stick the disk in a caddy, plug it into an XP Pro/Vista Business (or above) machine and take ownership of the files, format the machine and start from fresh.
October 20, 2008 3:01:28 PM

Could it be strange/custom hardware that's causing the problem?? After all... I am dealing with an HP Pavillion here with one of those hidden partition system restore things. Maybe it's seeing the wrong partition, or something...

God do I hate that hidden partition crap!! Why can't people like HP give away CDs like everyone else??
October 20, 2008 3:01:33 PM

Could it be strange/custom hardware that's causing the problem?? After all... I am dealing with an HP Pavillion here with one of those hidden partition system restore things. Maybe it's seeing the wrong partition, or something...

God do I hate that hidden partition crap!! Why can't people like HP give away CDs like everyone else??
!